Samoens, French Alps
LUXURY PAD IN THE ALPS
With wide balconies, expansive windows and panoramic views, this comfortable chalet sleeping up to 14 guests, is a luxurious, contemporary skiing or summer pad – from which to explore the Alps.
Only an hour from Geneva and easy to reach by car or train, Samoens is a great ski destination. This individual chalet, styled for comfort with plenty of space for a large party amid breathtaking scenery, is just 15 minutes out of the village, from where your hosts will arrange transfers.
Samoens is a very friendly resort in the Haute Savoie ski region stretching south from the shores of Lake Geneva to the Italian border and including some of the best known ski resorts: Chamonix, Megeve, Flaine and Morzine among them. Samoens is one of six small traditional villages surrounding the modern purpose-built Flaine 1600 – and the only ski resort to be classified as a historic monument!
- set in one of the best and biggest ski areas in France, this chalet is a luxurious launch pad for a fabulous ski holiday – where you can sink into comfort and enjoy great food at the end of the day
- the joy of a hot tub after a blast on the slopes followed by a long hot bath and a meal that someone else has cooked – is a guaranteed treat. And in summer, there is a swimming pool to dive into
- a large sloping garden keeps the kids happy for hours – while everyone else sips evening drinks from the balconies and marvels at breathtaking views, whether of Alpine flowers or snow
- Samoens is a lovely Alpine village with plenty of charm set in glorious surroundings – whether you are there a summer or winter break there are activities to keep everyone in the party happy on the pistes
- large and stylish chalet offering guests a catered (in winter) or self-catered (summer) option, which if combined with nearby self-catering apartment La Terrasse, provides luxurious accommodation for up to 22 guests (or you can book as a smaller group and share)
- five spacious double ensuite rooms – four on the ground floor and a family suite in the eaves linked to an annex with two bunk beds and a balcony
- ground floor rooms all have French windows opening onto the gardens. Most have baths and all have underfloor heating throughout, luxurious duvets and decent sized towels. The geothermal heating system guarantees warm floors and a lot of hot water…
- in the large open plan living and dining area guests can flop on comfy sofas and gaze out at the mountains or step onto wide east and west facing balconies with views over the meadows and woods on one side; and over the rooftops towards Mont Criou on the other
- a wood burner keeps everyone cosy and there’s a hot tub for keeping warm outside in winter!
- satellite TV, a DVD, a Bose music system with iPod connection, a separate games area with a Wii and Wifi throughout
- the sophisticated catering option offers a delicious choice of local ingredients including vegetables from the Chalet’s own organic garden, cooked breakfasts, cakes at tea, pre dinner drinks and wine with meals in a relaxed and comfortable ambience
- lovely pool for use in the summer months
English couple Caroline and Robert Thompson found and fell for the historic beauty – and potential – of the pretty town of Samoens as they skied nearby. With their children at university, they decided on impulse to return, buy some land and build and run their own ski chalet as a year-round destination for exploring this region. 2017 saw the reins pass to son Joss and his wife Denée.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Samoens, French Alps
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Samoens, French Alps