French manor house amongst the vines
Surrounded by the verdant vineyards close to ancient – and rather stunning – Saint Emilion is this 18th century manor house now a boutique French guesthouse. Beautifully designed and furnished with a wonderfully inclusive welcome.
A short walk from the centre of Saint Emilion means famous vineyards as well as the joys of the town itself are easily accessible. Cobbled streets wind through the stone buildings and secluded squares of this Medieval wonder, where food is almost as important as wine. Venture further afield and Bordeaux is nearby and there are wonderful chateau and countryside to explore (and more vineyards of course).
Bordeaux (with its air and train links) is less than 40 minutes by train or car.
- Ask any guest and Eduard’s wonderful hosting is the first thing they comment on. Calm, smiling and efficient he loves to share his knowledge of this area
- The house has been beautifully renovated and has a cool and relaxed vibe with modern furniture alongside French antiques – we especially loves the light, bright bathrooms
- Saint Emilion itself is a lovely place to explore and lose yourself in everything French
- If you like good wine and fine dining then there are few areas of the world better suited to your palette and your hosts have an extensive “black book” to help you get the most out of your stay
- There are also other great activities available close by, including cycle routes and hot air ballooning
- If this is is part of a bigger trip and you’re driving you can avoid the maze of Saint Emilion and drive here and park up. Easy. And if it’s not and you’re not driving then getting from Bordeaux is easy and cheap. Clos 1906 is at 5 minutes walk from Saint Emilon train station.
- The apartment makes for a good alternative if you’re thinking of staying a little longer – especially as you have the option of breakfast in the main house should you wish to partake
- Four individual and beautiful bedrooms, each en suite and with great views
- There is a ground floor room but it’s not fully accessible for those less mobile
- An apartment for four with two bedrooms and kitchen – but with the option of B&B
- Communal sitting and dining rooms in the main house, all furnished with antiques but with a modern and comfortable feel
- Well stocked honesty bar featuring lots of local wines
- Buffet style breakfast available each morning
- Wonderful grounds to escape in plus a pool
- On site secure parking
- Your hosts offer a comprehensive concierge style service which we definitely encourage you to make use of
After a succesfully creating and developing the hotel Château La Thuilière Eduard decided it was time to move forward and to open a new place; Clos 1906 at Saint Emilion, a dream destination for a passionate wine lover, combining fine interiors with antiques collected by David, who managed an antique store in Bordeaux before opening at Saint Emilion.
Eduard and David want their clients to feel at home the moment they cross the door and to make their best of their visit to this unique place.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux, France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Saint-Émilion, Bordeaux, France