COOL STYLE ON LOCATION
This fabulous, light-filled house, designed by an award-winning international architect, is set amidst wild Spanish mountains and world famous film sets. In the sunniest place in Europe, this eco-chic boutique house has an enviable all-year-round destination.
The house is in a stunning location in Almeria, just a short distance from where Lawrence of Arabia, Indiana Jones, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and other Spaghetti Westerns were filmed (you can visit the sites too – about five minutes by car). It is also just a short walk from the town of Tabernas, with its great tapas bar.
Location is everything here; whilst nicely secluded, you can visit the highlights of the amazing Cabo de Gata national park very easily, including San Jose and the unspoilt beach at Playa de Los Genoveses.
The house is only 25 minutes from Almeria International Airport, which is well served by flights from UK and other parts of Europe.
• whether you want to head off on a mountain bike trail (there are plenty), simply wander under blue skies amid wild flowers or check out a spaghetti Western set, this lovely house is a perfect holiday home
• you can surrender to the sun here, pretty much all year round. It’s warm at Christmas and baking in August so it’s easy to imagine all the gorgeous warm days in between
• the lap pool with its extensive terraces nearby and shaded tables to lounge over late breakfasts and long lunches and endless evenings; the house oozes an effortless charm
• with great tapas a stone’s throw away and Moorish city culture a short drive across stunning scenery, there is plenty to dream about on your sun lounger by the pool
- flooded with light and with tall white washed walls, this cool house is spacious and chic, nestled in four acres of terraced land producing organic olive oil, prickly pears and eucalyptus – set in a giant landscape
- two double bedrooms (one with ensuite) and a twin, all with views out across the dry river bed that runs through the property, the pool and terraces
- with so much sun, slipping into the 18 metre lap pool is a way of life – with its own pool house and large covered terrace with a stunning white marble table seating 12 for easing the hours with wine and food. The pool is not open all year round so check with Jean Noel when you enquire
- fully equipped modern kitchen and lounge with interesting mid-century and rustic furnishings, plus plenty of sofa space make up the rest of the house – infused with the smells of scented shrubs and twisting wisteria
- a large covered porch at the front of the house is perfect for evening dining – overlooked by a fantastic fairytale Moorish castle, lit up at night
- There is Wifi in the house (not throughout) with good mobile coverage and in the winter months there is under floor heating – which is solar powered, as is the hot water. There’s also wood burner for those cooler nights
Born in Paris, Jean Noel has lived in London, working in the fashion industry as a buyer for a high-end designer retail group. He speaks French, English, Spanish and Italian and when not away for work lives in separate part of Casa Encuentro, giving you absolute privacy, but assistance if you need it.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.