Castle with a view
Live like Andalusian royalty at Castillo de Monda, a unique boutique hotel near Malaga high up overlooking a beautiful white village. Stunning traditional design coupled with modern luxury, great restaurant and onsite spa make staying here a truly unforgettable experience.
Check out this video for an even better idea of Castillo de Monda
Castillo de Monda is a stunning wedding and event venue, close to Malaga and Marbella. Choose from simple, intimate events to larger parties where you can choose to take over the entire hotel. There’s an expert team available to help plan your day too.
Perched above the “pueblo blanco” town of Monda, the Castillo de Monda is in the Sierra de las Nieves nature reserve. The thriving cultural hub of Malaga is a 30-minute drive away, while the sandy beaches of historic Marbella are a 15-minute drive. This amazing location means you can experience the best of both rural and urban Malaga region.
If arriving by air, Malaga Airport is 40 minutes away by car. Special rates for car rentals are available for guests.
- The grand, Moorish feel to the Castillo is lovely. Arched doorways, colourful tile work, and exposed wooden beams; it’s a mini Alhambra
- Views from the terraces are stunning, but especially so at night (cocktail in hand)
- The SoPure Wellbeing Center on the top floor is a lovely bonus with a variety of holistic treatments
- Lovely communal spaces are dotted throughout the hotel, like the tropical roof garden (take in a sunset here!) and the bar (for said cocktail)
- Chef Jaap Schaafsma delivers a top notch international menu in the lovely restaurant
- Castillo de Monda’s pool overlooks the picturesque surrounding hills and valley below. After a dip, lie back and take in the vistas from a sun lounger. Bliss
- All the guest rooms here are unique and feature traditional Andalusian elements while being generously sized and comfortable
- 34 rooms of various sizes, including suites and family rooms in a Four star hotel
- All equipped with air conditioning, writing table, smart tv, safe, coffee/tea making facilities, and mini fridge with complimentary mineral water as a welcome drink as well as some local cookies and a mini bottle of local extra virgin olive oil
- Wellness spa with great views offers a wide range of both western and eastern treatments
- Bar and restaurant on site serving fantastic cuisine and expertly crafted cocktails daily
- Rooftop garden filled with tropical plants, offering up terrific views, plus lovely manicured grounds
- A pool with sun loungers makes for a perfect afternoon of doing almost nothing
- Parking is equipped with pergolas for shaded parking and 98 solar panels for electricity – there are also two charging points for electrical vehicles (at an extra cost)
- Car rentals can be booked through the hotel at a special rate
Castillo de Monda is run by our team of international young professionals headed up by a trio of Dutch hospitality professionals: Maryn, Jaap and Arjan. Maryn takes care of the conceptual interpretation, Arjan daily operations and Jaap oversees the restaurant. Their style and that of the hotel is super friendly, professional and inclusive.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Castillo de Monda
Monda, Malaga, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Castillo de Monda
Monda, Malaga, Spain