Coastal Victorian Luxury
Nestled high above one of the UK’s most picturesque coastal regions, this award winning, adult only, luxury B&B is truly a winner! Mixing rugged outdoor pursuits with a refined, traditional and truly inclusive welcome makes for a great base in the West Country.
In the Exmoor National Park on the north coast of Devon and Somerset, Highcliffe House sits 600 ft above sea level, with some of the finest views we’ve seen. Close by Lynton – full of pubs, restaurants, cafes, and shops – means some fun indoors. The real draw to this area however, are its superb hiking trails and beaches. Perhaps the most striking walk of all is in the Valley of the Rocks, right next to Highcliffe House.
Bristol is about two hours by car – the M5 is your best bet – but the A39 from Minehead offers the most spectacular coastal drive to Lynton. Barnstaple is the nearest town with indirect access to the main rail network, with direct access to the rail network at Tiverton or Taunton, both about an hour.
- The adults-only policy creates a serene, peaceful experience. This quiet atmosphere is perfect for those looking for a romantic getaway
- Each room features an incredible view of either Lynton, the Bristol Channel, or the North Devon Coast
- The property’s proximity to some of the best natural beauty the UK has to offer is a real draw
- The award winning breakfast, cooked by Neal is superb
- The complimentary luxe toiletries by Rituals in each room are fantastic
- Just six, beautiful rooms, gives Highcliffe an intimate feel, but one with plenty of space
- There’s Wifi, as well as USB charging stations in each room
- TV, DVD player, DAB clock radio and hairdryers in each room
- The B&B is fully licensed with a small bar in the lounge as well as champagne or wine available for room service
- An award winning breakfast is included
- Luxury toiletries are included in every en suite
- Free parking on premises, making getting around to your action-packed day trips a breeze
In 2016, Neal and Jason fell in love with Highcliffe and became its proud owners. Since opening they’ve received plenty of accolades for their service and accommodation; suffice to say, these two know what goes into creating a terrific holiday.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Lynton, Exmoor, Devon, UK
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Lynton, Exmoor, Devon, UK