Serene Escape in Devon
Retreat to the lush, sprawling countryside of Devon and this beautifully restored 18th century farmhouse B&B – with the added bonus of an indoor salt water swimming pool. Whether you spend your days at the nearby coast, exploring ruins and moors, or simply reading a book in the manicured gardens brimming with wildlife,prepare to be recharged.
In the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Hooppells Torr is the perfect place to base yourself for exploring one of the most rewarding regions in the UK. Of course, a trip to Devon isn’t complete without taking in some of that salty seaside air. A secluded beach and the South West Coast Path are only a 20 minute walk away and Bigbury (15 minute drive) delivers every coastal activity you could want. Fantastic walks await within the ruggedly beautiful Dartmoor National Park a (25 minute drive), featuring its ancient stone circles. To top it off a 16thcentury country pub is only a 10 minute walk away.
The road network is easy to navigate from the A38, there’s a train station at Totnes which is a 35 minute driveaway and if arriving by air, Exeter Airport is a 50 minute drive away.
- The lovely rooms are designed with style and comfort in mind. Pops of stimulating colour, unique furnishings and large windows all combine making you feel relaxed and at home
- The location means a mix of complete isolation, but being conveniently close to a number of bustling towns, natural beauty and great places to eat!
- The sleek indoor heated pool is a dream. Taking a dip in the heated salt water under the large skylight ceiling overhead will become a daily ritual
- Simon is trained in the ways of wine and a curated list of wines is available to buy
- The ample and seasonal breakfast is served in the stunning conservatory every morning, letting you start your day overlooking the divine gardens
- The complimentary tea and cake on arrival is a great touch and a warm welcome
- The sprawling gardens with its lily pad pond are perfect for unwinding in
- Just two lovely en-suite rooms, making for an intimate and personal stay
- Both suites come with Roberts radios, kettles and teas and Nespresso machines
- Bramley toiletries and fluffy, luxurious bathrobes and slippers are included and handy for those dips in the pool
- Indoor pool (April to September)
- Vast and beautiful gardens
- A full, seasonal and locally sourced breakfast
- Superfast WiFi
Jeeva and Simon discovered Hooppells Torr while looking to make a change and leave behind their fast-paced London lifestyles. While Jeeva’s background is in international hotel management, she is delighted to be honing her new gardening and baking skills. Simon is enjoying cultivating his interior design and cooking talents after a long career in publishing.
ReviewsLeave your own
Arif Ansari: February 2020
A really friendly welcome from two excellent hosts and their cat. The accommodation is very modern with a beautiful bathroom. Breakfast is excellent and there are plenty of recommendations for walks and places to visit in a beautiful part of England. You do need a car ... and waterproofs in February!
Jeff Gould: April 2019
The room itself was ideal, and the hosts were exceptionally, warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful. Simon is a very gifted cook and Jeeva is extremely gracious and eager to assist with any local queries. The stay at Hoopell’s Tor could not have been better in any aspect of the hospitality that was offered - If anything, the hosts are under-selling themselves and the venue. Please promote it unconditionally!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.