Traditional Spanish farmhouse holiday
Up in the hills just outside of Nerja on Spain’s southern coast, is El Monte Bajo, a traditional, stylish, spacious and welcoming farmhouse villa with stunning gardens, breathtaking elevated views and large pool with boundless charm and a touch of magic. Ideal for families and groups of friends.
El Monte Bajo is a few minutes’ drive from Nerja and its famous clifftop mirador, the Balcon de Europa and secluded coves and calas with sandy beaches. El Monte Bajo gazes down on the Mediterranean with unbroken views and to the east is the Sierra Almijara mountains. The villa is ideal for those looking to escape to a quieter, calmer space and be surrounded by nature. Fruit trees grow around the garden and on its slopes beyond. Frogs and squirrels abound the ponds and tropical garden.
When you’re ready to leave there tranquil beaches, coves and calas far away from the busier, more developed beaches. But Nerja has its buzz with restaurants, bars, flamenco and charming beachside walks, at dawn, at dusk and if you prefer at midnight. Malaga, the capital of this stretch of of coastal southern Spain is 50 minutes away.
Malaga airport is about an hour from El Monte Bajo, hiring a car is recommended and we can additionally suggest Roberto who runs the local family taxi firm.
- The house is full of unmistakably Spanish charm. Stone walls. Terracotta floors. Soaring timbered ceilings. Charming and spacious yet functional and stylish – attention to detail is evident everywhere and above all positive energy
- The grounds are work of art, palm trees and lush lawns with flag stoned patios and jasmine covered terraces. This is Spanish holiday heaven
- The pool is guaranteed to provide a focal point for the stay. Big enough to accommodate all of you and heated in winter if needed so you can swim year round before heading inside for a glass of wine around the wood buring chimney
- There’s a lot to explore here within the property along with sandy beaches, ‘freshly caught’ seafood plus a wide selection of restaurants serving tradional, local dishes and international favourites
- The historic cities of Sevilla, Granada and Cordoba are a couple of hours drive away, plus the ‘award winning’ white washed mountain village of Frigiliana with its Medieval streets is 10 minutes away
- The ease of getting around this area makes for a really stress-free holiday. Walk in to town along the beach or take a taxi into town. Once here you can reach so many varied sights for a day trip that you really will find something for everyone
- Three en suite bedrooms in the main house and the option of a fourth additional en suite if required called ‘Luna de Miel’. One of the bedrooms can be set as a twin if required
- Beautifully maintained gardens and patios with stone walls, arched terraces and views that sooth the soul
- Large sitting and dining rooms with views across the gardens and surrounding Spanish hillsides
- Second “rustic” dining and sitting rooms, ideal for cozy, cooler nights inside
- Superb, spacious and well equipped kitchen and adjoining cavern-like laundry room
- Inviting 8m x 5m pool, illuminated at night and which can be heated year round for an extra charge
- Poolside cabaña with seating, shower w/c music facilities and cooler for refreshments
- Pool cleaning and weekly clean included during your stay
- Internet access, television & radio and music streaming
- A team of local experts to offer advice when required
- For bigger groups consider taking the neighbouring Al Ladino, a rustic cottage which can accommodate four more guests – perfect for multi-generational holidays (total occupancy can be up to 12 people)
- The property is located about 20 steps below street level so these will always need to be negotiated when entering and leaving. Internally the house is on more or less one level and just a few steps connect the house and garden
El Monte Bajo is a labour of love by Danny who’s invested more than 20 years of effort into creating sometime different. The local team, Jose, Ana, Bea, Gustavo and others know this farmhouse home inside and out and maintain it to the highest standard they know how.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
El Monte Bajo
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
El Monte Bajo