Gloucestershire Country Retreat
Set amidst the tranquil Gloucestershire countryside on the banks of the River Severn, this welcoming early 17th century dower house, has everything you’d want from a boutique B&B – quiet nooks, original wood-paneled guest sitting room and a walled garden – with some rather wonderful extras like the superb indoor pool and well equipped gym.
With just three rooms the feeling is one of being intimate, yet private, homely, yet stylish.
Whether you want to concentrate on exploring close by or venture further, The Grange is in a superb location.
Frampton-on-Severn is a designated Conservation Area with its ancient pond, village green, and stunning Tudor and Georgian properties. On the banks of the River Severn, it’s a vibrant community with pubs, a sailing club and even seasonal polo.
The Gloucester to Sharpness Canal is very close by and great for (flat!) cycling, whilst tranquil walking country is all around. The area adjoins the Cotswolds to the east, with plenty of villages and countryside to explore. The Forest of Dean is less than an hour’s drive, as is Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust, Berkeley Castle, and the beautiful and dramatic Glamorgan Heritage Coastline. It’s only two miles to the M5, and from there the famed cities of Cheltenham, Bristol, Gloucester and Bath are all less than an hour away.
- The Finch Room takes the country house experience to the next level. There’s a majestic four poster bed adorned with faux-fur throws and a chaise long for relaxing in front of the roaring wood-burner whilst supping a glass of something delicious
- Rosanne is a keen cook; her Gibraltarian heritage is reflected in the sumptuous home-cooked food with a continental twist. With breakfasts of eggs, chorizo, and homemade baked beans and hearty Spanish soup suppers, there’s plenty of choice and the quality is superb
- The walled garden with its 400-year-old cedar tree is a peaceful place to find a quite nook and curl up with a good book
- That pool and gym mean you can tuck into the chorizo with no guilt included
- The great location; equally accessible to stunning countryside (wonderful walks and cycling on your doorstep and adjacent to the Cotswolds) and the vibrant cities of Cheltenham and Bristol
- Three beautiful guest bedrooms (two with ensuite including huge roll-top baths, one on its own floor with separate shower room)
- Amazing walled garden for when you just want to stay put
- Each room includes the essentials: Wifi, USB ports, flat screen TVs and tea and coffee making facilities
- In the evenings, on-request, Rosanne can provide delicious, home-made suppers; a fabulously warm welcome if you’re arriving late
- There’s ample parking making a late arrival after work easy as
- The small indoor pool has a double counter current for those after a more challenging work out. For something more relaxing there’s thalassotherapy jets to give yourself a rather amazing massage
- For bigger groups consider the luxury of taking the whole house plus the independent two-bedroomed cottage.
- Whilst Rosanne prefers that guests don’t bring their dogs into the house, they’re welcome to stay in their very own dog guest house in the grounds
Rosanne, originally from Gibraltar, is a welcoming, impeccable host. Her background is rich in experiences and she loves what she does at The Grange. In between cooking up feasts, she is on-hand to offer knowledgeable advice on the local area and her two friendly, well behaved dogs often join her to say hello to new arrivals.
ReviewsLeave your own
Dale, May 2017
We stayed at the Grange for a birthday weekend and it was a truly perfect experience! Rosanne is the most wonderful hostess and her home is just gorgeous. We stayed in the Finch Room and didn't want to leave - sumptuous and cozy! The rather divine bed was possibly the most comfortable we've ever slept in. Breakfasts were so delicious and set us up for days of adventure in the beautiful Cotswolds. Rosanne kindly recommended some wonderful local restaurants too, all of which were a triumph. Her gorgeous dogs are so gentle and lovely and the house and garden just incredible. We can't wait to return!
Andrew W, July 2017
Roseanne is the consummate hostess and was so helpful right from the start - nothing was too much trouble and the house itself is a gem. Roseanne offered to cook for us on the Friday night that we arrived. The food was delicious and fantastic value for money. Breakfast both days was equally fabulous. Not a traditional fry up, but a menu of far more individual dishes is on offer, as well as fruits, toast, crumpets, yoghurt and granola. Served with panache by Roseanne, ably assisted by the lovely Julie. We stayed in the Finch room - beautiful and very comfortable. Highly recommended!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Frampton on Severn, Gloucester, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Frampton on Severn, Gloucester, England