Tranquil, rural Andalucian hideaway
In the middle of seemingly endless olive groves in the heart of Andalucia Casa Olea is a tranquil, eco-friendly boutique guest house, perfectly situated to explore this fascinating region. Its terraces, pool and fantastic cuisine make it a top stay for Andalucia. Check out Casa Olea, Andalucian guest house on this great video
Don’t just take our word for it… Casa Olea has featured in both The Guardian and The Telegraph
The house is in a peaceful river valley surrounded by ancient olive groves and hills, in beautiful countryside midway between the Andalucian meccas of Granada and Cordoba (both are easy day trips). There’s a small village nearby but otherwise Casa Olea is on its own which makes for wonderfully quiet days and stunningly clear nights which are a star gazer’s dream. There are innumerable great walking routes close by as well as access to great outdoor activities, plus historic Priego de Cordoba, famous for its Baroque architecture, and traditional white villages like Zuheros.
Casa Olea is less than two hours from Malaga, Seville or Granada airports, and there’s a high speed train link to Cordoba which is just an hour away.
- Casa Olea is in a truly idyllic spot. There are no other buildings close by and with superb views there’s a sense of being in “real” Spain
- Floating in the pool and gazing across the olive groves at dusk is an unforgettable experience
- The house was renovated with strong green credentials in mind. There are solar panels as well as a biomass heating system fueled by the natural bi products of olive oil production
- Tim and Claire offer superb meals five days a week, with set menus prepared from local ingredients. After a day’s hiking it’s great to just get home and be looked after
- Your hosts here are also rather good when it comes to sourcing wines and there’s a varied and changing wine list with lots of local wines to choose from
- The rooms are all a great size and one has a private terrace so you have your own sanctuary
- When you do feel like exploring further afield there are plenty of easy day trips from here. Visit one of the big cities, one of the areas more natural attractions or pop down the road and stroll around Priego de Cordoba
- If you’re looking to stay natural then the walking and cycling routes which surround the house are plentiful enough to keep you busy for week
- Large country farmhouse converted to a boutique guest house surrounded by stunning olive groves and private gardens
- Six en-suite bedrooms all of which are bright and airy and one with private terrace. All rooms can be configured as twins if required
- The house can be rented on a whole house catered basis
- All rooms have air con and under floor heating for controlled year round temperature
- Communal spaces include a large dining room with bar area opening on to terraces, plus a snug with open log fire for cozy winter nights
- Outside there are graveled gardens and terraces leading to a pool surrounded by shady patios and sun bathing areas – all with open views across the olive groves
- Self guided walking routes provided as well as extensive guides to what to do close by
- Bikes for rent, along with suggested routes/maps for exploring the surrounding area. They are “Cycle Friendly”, if you have your own bike, offering safe storage, hose/cleaning area, pump and basic tools etc
Tim and Claire worked in tourism around the world before deciding to pursue their dream of opening a boutique rural hotel in Andalucia. Over 10 years later their roots are firmly planted in this stunning corner of Spain. This love and knowledge of Andalucia makes them superb hosts and guides to ensure you get the most out of your stay.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Priego de Cordoba, Andalucia
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Priego de Cordoba, Andalucia