Chic Asturian Retreat
Explore some of northern Spain’s most picturesque landscapes and villages while staying at El Gran Sueño, a stylish, adult only, boutique B&B in Asturias. Or for more privacy and independence check out the beautifully designed self catering suites.
In green and lush Asturias in north western Spain (one of the country’s best kept secrets in our opinion), El Gran Sueño is perfectly situated for a holiday off the beaten path. In the small hamlet of Caspio la Vega, with its footpaths and fantastic scenery, you are only 10 minutes from Infiesto with its selection of shops, cafes and restaurants. You’ve amazing national parks and plenty of beaches all within an hour’s drive.
Santander is just under two hours away, as is lovely León.
- The organic, award-winning included breakfast is superb. You can also experience some truly special locally sourced evening meals (reservations necessary)
- The guest rooms here are each uniquely designed with modern, high end details. Calming colours and full length windows provide a serene feeling and the mix of antique furniture and modern styling is lovely
- The stylish self catering suites are definitely worth considering for extra independence without missing out on the comfort
- The casual, warm vibe that the owners have created makes you feel almost as though you’re at your friends’ elegant holiday home rather than a guest house. The adult only rule adds to the chilled vibe
- The commitment to sustainable tourism here is commendable. Everything from its renewable energy sources to the local and organic foods served, makes for a responsible but still luxurious experience
- The location of El Gran Sueño is perfect for exploring this amazing region. The Bay of Biscay is well worth adding to your list, as is simply enjoying the countryside on your doorstep
- Five individually designed bedrooms which make the most of the original features of the house – think big windows, terraces and some with loft spaces.
- Three self catering suites which are also beautifully designed and furnished
- All B&B rooms have Smart HD TV’s with digital freeview
- The B&B ensuites feature rain effect thermostatic showers, as well as organic toiletries
- Breakfast and dinner is served in the dining room, original to the house. There is also a snug with tea and coffee making facilities. In warmer whether guests can eat outside in the porch or on the terrace in the garden
- An organic, full breakfast is included with your stay at the B&B, lovingly created by Javi
- With reservations, evening meals and half-board options are available should you want to stay in
- Javi and Dave are always happy to help you plan day trips, book restaurants, etc so make use of their extensive local knowledge
Owners Dave and Javier met while living and working in Brighton in 2003. A mutual dream of running a boutique B&B became a reality when they found and began to restore El Gran Sueño in 2013. With a focus on sustainability as well as exceptional hospitality, El gran sueño is a result of the couple’s hard work and attention to detail.
Dave and Javier are completely committed to making El Gran Sueño as environmentally friendly as possible, and have written about their belief in being green on their blog:
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
El Gran Sueño
Pintueles, Asturias, Spain
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
El Gran Sueño
Pintueles, Asturias, Spain