Stylish, characterful holiday home in Rye
This beautiful old pub in the heart of Rye on the East Sussex coast has been lovingly curated to create a stylish, quirky yet comfortable and spacious holiday home – perfect for groups of friends and family.
Just off the picturesque cobbled High Street of Rye, this 18th century is in the heart of this Medieval cinque port town. Rye itself is a beautiful and bustling town with laneways to explore and vistas to soak in as well superb food and drink options. Head out and along the coast and there’s Camber Sands – perfect for sunny summer days and blustery winter days alike – as well as places like magical and atmospheric Dungeness and even trendy Hastings to reach as an easy day out.
One of the joys of The Two Sawyers is if you fancy a car free holiday you can do that easily with a stay here. Take the train to Rye and stay local or you can jump on local buses to reach some of the key highlights nearby – even better on two wheels or foot!
If you do drive there are car parks nearby which aren’t expensive.
- The styling in this house is just gorgeous. Vibrant and colourful, it’s also comfortable and respectful of this historic building
- The communal spaces are fun and comfy and we love there is no TV – there are board games instead! Much more fun
- Exploring Rye is never not an enjoyable way to spend a day! All those alleyways and little streets full of character and stunning old buildings. We love it.
- Eating out in Rye is great too, with loads of great restaurants and bars to try out. Equally The Two Sawyers is set up perfectly for group nights in around the dining room table
- All the small details have been covered off by Nicola too, so you have lots of eclectic crockery and top quality bedding to choose from
- We always love a car free holiday from the UK so Rye is a perfect spot for this. There are also so bike hire companies in and around the town so you can head out along the coast – Dungeness is about an hour’s cycle
- Loads of wild swimming and water sports to discover on your doorstep too
- Characterful and historic building beautifully decorated throughout
- Four bedrooms – three king size and one twin
- Three modern bathrooms, including one TWO en suite
- Sitting room with sofas and armchairs and new wood burner
- Large dining room with table big enough for eight
- Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washer/DRYER, etc plus loads of crockery
- Enclosed, private garden with seating and space for al fresco dining
- The Two Sawyers has three flights of stairs, which are steep and uneven so not ideal for those less mobile and you need to be very careful if staying with young children – Nicola’s other house – Cloud Cabin – is much better suited to families
Nicola has always worked in the creative field and that shines through at The Two Sawyers. Beautifully styled she has taken her time to curate and create a wonderful space. Check out her other property in nearby Camber Sands – Cloud Cabin
ReviewsLeave your own
Beijul, September 2022
The property was beautiful! Especially the deck - a perfect hangout spot for drinks. There were also fairly lights which made it super cute and magical in the evenings! The property is near a supermarket called Jempsons and there are a lot of country pubs less than 5 mins walk away - all very good. The property is quite centrally located and only took us 15 mins to visit the nearby vineyards like gusbourne. Each room had lots of character. For those who like Harry Potter, there’s a room with a fireplace akin to that of the ministry of magic. Also there is a dark green bathroom that reminds of of the slytherin common room! The host Nicola is very good at communicating and let us check in early. Absolutely loved this place and would happily come back!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Two Sawyers
Rye, East Sussex
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Two Sawyers
Rye, East Sussex