Tuscan slow travel natural beauty
A rural, tranquil and beautiful Italian guest house with impressive organic, vegan and environmentally friendly credentials. Surrounded by stunning gardens and the owners’ organic farm, it’s a retreat for the senses with warm and generous hosts, but it’s also ideally located for exploring the medieval gems of this region.
Fattoria San Martino is just outside of the town of Montepulciano, a hilltop beauty of a town. The region is famed for its food and wine, all of which you can experience in the farm’s on site restaurant as well as venturing out to superb local eateries. Larger attractions such as Sienna and Florence are do’able, but then you’d be missing the point of staying here. It’s all about slowing down here and enjoying what the immediate areas has to offer and finding your more natural rhythm.
There are bus services connecting this area but having a car will enable you to explore more freely.
- It’s not just lip service to being environmentally friendly here. Fattoria San Martino was rebuilt adhering to bioarchitecture and everything is ecologically sourced
- Karin’s style is wonderfully eclectic, stylish and environmentally aware. It’s pared back and simple, but still warm and inviting
- Breakfasts here are plentiful, organic and locally sourced. Sat on the terrace, taking breakfast here is the proper holiday bliss
- The natural swimming pool is beautiful and welcome in a Tuscan summer, as are the numerous covered terraces and tucked away corners to lose yourself in
- The restaurant on the farm is organic and vegan in its focus and offers wonderful tasting menus. Wines are local and wonderful
- Take a cooking course while you’re here so you can take a little bit of Italy home with you. Find out more
- The whole feel of Fattoria San Martino is one of tranquility and escape, very much assisted by the wonderfully calm, interesting and welcoming hosts
- A walk through the Tuscan fields to the town of Montepulciano takes about 20 minutes and offers the chance to explore an unspoilt and traditional Tuscan village
- Six eclectically designed and furnished suites of various sizes, including the family suite Casetta
- All bedding, linen, towels, furnishing and cleaning products are designed to be as organic and environmentally friendly as possible
- A house and garden full of quiet spots and shady corners to escape but also to mingle
- Natural bio swimming pool surrounded by terraces
- There is Wifi but no TVs or stereos inline with the calm, tranquil feeling of Fattoria San Martino
- Superb organic and vegan orientated restaurant
- Heat and energy generated from natural sources where possible including electric vehicle charging points
Karin and Antonio’s lives before Fattoria San Martino were in the glamourous but frenetic fashion industry in Turin. Eventually a time came when their love of nature and affinity with a slower, more rewarding life called them to Tuscany. They and their sons have focused on creating not just a beautiful place to stay, but also one which rewards the senses and soothes the soul.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Fattoria San Martino
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Fattoria San Martino