Contemporary Loft in Ancient Puglia
A unique architect-designed loft for four, where modern design meets old world elegance. Nestled in the historical heart of Nardò, one of Puglia’s jewels (read more on our blog), staying here is the perfect base for an Italian urban break plus you’ve access to some of the loveliest beaches and nature anywhere. Soak up the very best of this fascinating region.
In the 3,000 year old centro storico of Nardò, LOFT2A is perfectly situated to be in the centre of the action. The town is easily walkable, with various restaurants, bars, and shops lining its streets. For a quick getaway to soak up that famous Puglia coastline, Gallipoli’s beaches are a 20 minutes drive away or the stunning state park of Porto Selvaggio only 15. The landscape is striking and it’s a great place to escape the crowds. Lecce (known as the Florence of the south) is full of Baroque elegance and is an ideal city day trip option, 25 minutes by car.
- The location of the property is perfect for those looking for all the atmosphere and convenience that being in the centre of a stunning, ancient and truly Italian town provides
- The coastline in this area is unspoilt and quieter than some others
- The blending of modern design with traditional craftsmanship (such as an 16th C. stone hearth fireplace) is lovely
- The generously sized terrace (with a remarkable Agave collection), surrounded by some of Nardo’s old town rooftops is a wonderful and private oasis
- The sculptural resting space “the nest” – suspended above the main floor – is a whimsical and tranquil place to curl up with some fabulous local wine and a good book
- The fully equipped kitchen with ample countertop space is the perfect spot to prepare some fabulous Italian meals with all the fresh local produce available – with plenty of shops within walking distance
- There’s a beautiful bedroom on the main floor with ensuite and light and airy feel
- The suspended loft has a double bed with a full bathroom (with oversized shower) on the same level, as well as a lovely palm tree view and access to “the nest”
- The full bathroom on the main floor has an oversized shower with towels and some toiletries included
- A fully equipped kitchen, plus the terrace has a BBQ grill, providing you a private al fresco dining space
- There’s TV and Wifi, for those moments when entertainment is needed
- Weekly cleaning service is available
- The antique hearth fireplace is working. That, plus underfloor heating, means you’ll stay warm in the chillier months
- Air con in both spaces for the summer months
- There is free street parking
Art and design are second nature to owners Karen Bamonte and Martin Stubenrauch, a choreographer/sculptor and architect/artist respectively, and they’ve lived and worked in Italy since 1998. The couple’s works have both been shown throughout Europe and Martin designed the wonderful space at LOFT2A.
ReviewsLeave your own
Leanore and Heinz Ickstadt - March 2018
This is the perfect base for a trip around Puglia or just to relax and enjoy life. The apartment itself is spacious, stylish and comfortable. We had a lot of fun exploring the 'nest' hung from the ceiling - an adventure! Everything in the kitchen worked and is well thought out; the huge roof terrace wonderful for chilling. We really appreciated the under-floor heating and the open fireplace during the cool weather we had in March, but I spotted an air conditioning unit for the summer weather. The location in central Nardo is convenient without a lot of street noise. Karen was welcoming and informative about 'what to do' during our stay. We had a wonderful time. This place is a jewel.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Nardò, Puglia, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Nardò, Puglia, Italy