Cozy Kent cottage retreats
Stable Oak Cottages allows you to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, quietly tucked away in rolling Kent countryside just outside the village of Harrietsham, with its shops, pubs and restaurants. Wander the smallholding and meet the animals – including alpacas which you can take for a walk!
The area is packed full of activities, visit historic Leeds Castle with its Royal connections and only a stones throw away. Tramp the pathways of the Kent Downs and soak in some stunning views (and superb pubs dotted through the villages en route). Sissinghurst and other garden gems are easy trips as are renowned vineyards. Head to the coast at Whitstable or further along to Folkestone or Margate. For younger members of your group there are great activity centres like Go Ape or Howletts wildlife park.
Easy road and rail links bring you to Harrietsham.
- The simplicity of a stay here. Their lovely setting, great host, uncluttered but well-equipped interiors all make for a smashing holiday cottage stay
- Wander the smallholding and meet the animals – including alpacas which you can meet and greet. Stable Oak Cottages also offer the extra of Afternoon Tea along with meeting the alpacas. Afternoon tea is all home made by Laurain using fresh local produce
- There’s so much to do in the immediate area that everyone, whatever their age, will find something of interest during their stay
- There are some great eating options in the area including a selection of high end pubs with renowned kitchens, some within walking distance
- Leeds Castle is a fascinating house and garden to explore with a calendar full of wonderful events throughout the year
- The ease of getting to Stable Oak Cottages, by car or train, makes for an easy stay
- Three cottages for groups of seven (Oak), four (Willow) and two (Birch)
- The cottages are bright and airy with vaulted ceilings and neutral, cozy interiors
- All cottages have well fitted open plan kitchen and living rooms
- Full access for those less able is available
- Oak cottage, the largest three bedroom cottage, has a large private patio area with wood fired hot tub and a Weber bbq
- Birch cottage, a cosy and quaint cottage with a private patio area and wood fired hot tub.
- Willow cottage is wheelchair accessible and has a private patio area – perfect for alfresco dining and to enjoy the far reaching views
- The cottages are on a smallholding with pigs, chickens and alpacas which you are more than welcome to meet and greet!
- All cottages are pet friendly
Londoner Laurain relocated to Kent and has never looked back. A keen horsewoman, she loves the bridleways around Harrietsham as well as the views and rolling hills. Read the reviews and it’s obvious that her warm and inclusive hosting is part of what guests love about their stay at Stable Oak Cottages.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Stable Oak Cottages
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Stable Oak Cottages