An historic watermill which has been sympathetically restored into a contemporary, sumptuous more-than-the-average boutique hotel with a stunning restaurant recently awarded the coveted three AA rosettes and named Suffolk’s Best Restaurant in the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards 2016. There are also five ‘nooks’ located in the grounds to make the most of the amazing setting.
Weddings, civil ceremonies and parties are catered for beautifully at Tuddenham Mill. There’s space for a marquee and tranquil waterside photo opportunities – swans included – plus the amazing catering options available from the onsite restaurant. Find out more on their website
Tuddenham is a small village between Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds. The tranquility of the village helps make this escape so brilliant! If you fancy a stroll then the Cavenham Heath National Nature Reserve is nearby and there are great longer walks making use of the Icknield Way Path.
If you fancy a day at the races then Newmarket is perfect for a “flutter”. Alternatively the cultural and historic city of Cambridge is nearby as are the Fens with their waterways, rich wildlife and idyllic views.
It is easily accessible by road as it is just off the A14. The M11 runs directly from London (well within a two hour drive). The nearest train stations are Newmarket and Bury St Edmunds. There are regular trains from London which take 1 hour 20 minutes with a change in Cambridge.
- the tranquility of the place – the “chocolate-box” views across the Suffolk water meadows
- watching the swans and ducks navigating the waterways from our balcony. It can only be described as an instant relaxer
- cleverly integrated original features with contemporary interior design with an abundance of elegance and glamour
- cocktails in the bar created by the friendliest bar staff. It kick starts and rounds off an evening perfectly
- the five pods or ‘nooks’ are great little retreats, one even has its own hot tub! They feel even more of an escape
- the fantastic restaurant – gastronomic cutting edge and innovative
- sumptuous luxurious bedrooms. They tick all the boxes – oversized 6ft, fully sprung beds, cosy duvets with extra large pillows, Eqyptian cotton bed linen, Missoni bathrobes, contemporary Italian furniture, Matki walk-in showers, huge double-ended stone baths and complimentary Espa products.
- all mod cons – Bose sound systems, smart TVs and Netflix (perfect for catching up on your box sets!)
- the ground floor rooms and the suites also have the benefit of terraces and balconies
- five ‘nooks’ which are positioned in the grounds to make the most of the setting and each has a king-size bed and whilst compact they have exceptionally designed en-suite bathrooms with walk-in power showers
- on site spa treatment room
- excellent restaurant – it has consistently been praised by food critics and featured in a number of the country’s independent guides and awards. Amongst others recent accolades include the AA Notable Wine List 2016, Square Meal’s UK Top 100 list, the Good Food Guide Editors’ Award 2015 for the Best Set Lunch menu, and Head Chef, Lee Bye, was awarded Suffolk’s Chef of the Year in the Suffolk Food and Drink Awards 2015.
- dog friendly (there is an additional £15 per night)
ReviewsLeave your own
Clare: January 2018
I have just returned from a night's stay at the Mill and I was very impressed. I was looking for a relaxing stay after a busy week and staying in the Mill Room West, overlooking the water was just what I needed. The view was excellent, the room, service and food all high quality. The perfect place to unwind and relax.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.