Boutique, classy and welcoming B&B
In the heart of Newnham-on-Severn, a lovely village on the banks of the river Severn, this quirky and individual B&B is ideal for exploring ancient and historic Forest of Dean and the delights of Gloucestershire or simply enjoying the fab hospitality (and equally fabulous breakfasts!).
On the High Street of this historic and characterful village, with a rich artisan culture running through its history, Severnside Press has views across the river from which it takes its name. The village is surrounded by great walking routes to explore the Forest of Dean, viewpoints from which you might be lucky enough to catch the famous Severn Bore and there’s also the National Trust gardens at Westbury Gardens close by.
Around the village there are some good pubs and restaurants to explore and as soon as you book your room, Tony and Alex send a comprehensive welcome pack with lots of information to plan as much or as little during your stay in rural Gloucestershire.
Getting to Newnham-on-Severn is easiest with a car, but you can take the train to Gloucester which is about 20 minutes away by taxi. Perfect for a car free walking weekend.
- This is a lovely, lovely building which has been given a truly new lease of life through Tony and Alex’s renovation. Full of character and style, but without feeling inaccessible
- Newnham-on-Severn is an unspoilt and lovely village, part of what drew your hosts here. There’s a real sense of community and guests often comment on how friendly the locals are!
- Finding a dog friendly B&B is always a bonus and your canine friends are warmly welcomed at Severnside Press
- The rooms are spacious, something that makes a longer stay that bit more special as you have space to spread out and to make your own
- Exploring Gloucestershire by foot or by car is always an absolute treat and there are a myriad of great walking routes from the door, towns and villages to discover as well as great arts and food scenes across the region.
- Breakfast here is to be savored. You choose from an good menu the night before and wander down at your chosen time to a table laid up and everything set to go. Divine.
- Three highly individual rooms, each ensuite and filled with a mix of antique and character furniture fitting for this historic building
- The suite is slightly larger room, the remaining two generous doubles
- The View Room is a dog friendly room, with wonderful views out across the river and village
- Each room has Smart TV, tea/coffee facilities and space for relaxing
- There’s a guest lounge where you can find cake of an afternoon
- Breakfast is a much commented upon affair, with locally sourced quality ingredients
- Whilst there’s no car park, on street parking is not an issue
With a background in hospitality, Tony and his partner Alex have recently totally renovated this stunning Georgian building to create an intimate and relaxed B&B. They are on hand to welcome you (with tea and cake) and help you plan how best to explore this beautiful area. They love being part of this artistic community and often hold events at the B&B.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.