Pino di Loto Boutique B&B
Luxurious gay-friendly boutique B&B accommodation with jaw-dropping views of the Aegean sea, gorgeous sunsets and picturesque traditional village. Relaxing by the pool with a freshly shaken cocktail offers a sublime opportunity to relax, as does strolling five minutes to a stunning sandy beach for a peaceful swim. In a word; bliss.
Four private elegant suites (sleeping two people in each) comprise this luxury, beautifully designed property, situated on a small hill in the village of Kini, on the Aegean island of Syros. A five-minute walk away are two beautiful beaches in Kini and a harbour. There are traditional small cafeterias with good local food at the local beaches in Kini including TWO CICADES, or can venture to Hermoupolis for cute cocktail bars and restaurants including KOUZINA. Delfini beach is about 30-40 minutes walk.
If all this relaxing and indulging is too much and you feel like being active, the owners will happily organise adrenalin-pumping activities including windsurfing and horse riding, or you could take a tour of the island and do a little exploring. The capital of the island, Ermoupoli, is an astonishing place with beautiful architecture and at only 9km away, is worth a visit, as are the towns of Ano Syros and Vari.
From the nearest airport (Syros Airport), the property is an 11km journey and from the island’s port 9km.
- breakfast is wonderful. Fresh warm bread, fresh cherries, fresh orange juice and, the manager Terezdina’s, delicious fresh cakes could make you give up waistbands altogether
- sitting by the pool in the early evening, enjoying the sunset whilst sipping a cocktail is fantastic
- Terezdina is the perfect host. Not only does she make great cocktails, she and her family – have great tips on where to eat and visit
- the view of the sunset is unbeatable
- though the owners are very helpful they are never obtrusive and your accommodation feels very private.
- did we mention the cocktails….?
- four private luxury suites, with Queen size beds, decorated in cool white tones all with ensuite bathrooms with marble floors and built in showers
- Korres Natural products are complimentary in each suite
- fully equipped kitchens including fridge, kettle etc. and microwave upon request – there are also mini bars.
- satellite TV, mini hi-fis, DVD players and Wifi
- gorgeous pool with pool towels and sun loungers that will be hard to remove yourself from
- delicious breakfast, including fresh produce, available until noon.
- The Pino Bar, by the pool, where you can enjoy a light dish or cocktail and room service
- on request you can have a massage or beauty treatment.
- the property is not really very suitable for suitable for babies (0-2y) or children younger than 15
The owners, the Rigouzzo family come from the Island of Syros. The great grandfather of the family was the French Consul for Cyclades before, during and after the second world war and this is why the family now also has French nationality. Marinos was born in Syros but grew up in Athens and his daughter Terezdina who has spent most of her life on the island now manages Pino de Loti.
As a family they had a desire to create a quiet haven on Syros which they could share with their guests. They pride themselves on the relaxed aura and the fact that many of their guests return time and time again. It’s very much a home that they like to share.
ReviewsLeave your own
Simon and Dale Mercer : May 2015
Our stay at Pino di Loto was an incredibly divine experience. Terezdina and her team are angels, and the location is heavenly. Simply picture perfect. From start to finish we felt most welcome and relaxed. The food options in town are perfect too - right by the water, delicious, and very reasonable. If you're looking for an authentic, beautiful. and peaceful Greek holiday, you must go to Pino di Loto!!!
Bea and Trish, Bristol: June 2014
Just wanted to drop you a line to say how much we enjoyed your recent recommendation, Pino di Loto, on Syros. I understand from the hosts that we were the first guests to book through Further Afield, and we wanted to say this was an absolutely spot-on place to direct people to. The accommodation was wonderful, the atmosphere was totally cool and friendly, and we felt really welcome. The host, Terezdina is amazing. I don’t think we’ve ever stayed anywhere with someone quite like her, and it’s her customer service that really is the cherry on top! Pino di Loto was easily the best place we have stayed in the past five years (and we have followed a ton of your recommendations!).
We left feeling completely relaxed and looking – I am reliably informed by a tactless colleague – ten years younger. Thanks for helping us find this really wonderful place! Keep up the good work.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Pino di Loto Boutique B&B
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Pino di Loto Boutique B&B