Romantic Tudor Manor
Steeped in history spanning the centuries, Great Tangley Manor, a fantastic house rental for groups close to London, is a feast for the senses. Victorian gardens, luxurious rooms and the chance to live like Royalty all make staying at this property an exceptional experience.
Great Tangley Manor is a perfect venue for a celebration or event. Amazing grounds, superb communal space, plus an experienced and incredibly professional team take this stunning house for parties and group events near London to the top of the list!
Only an hour from London, beside the lovely Surrey Hills, Great Tangley Manor feels entirely of another world. Fantastic walks along the nearby River Wey and some of England’s best countryside, plus historic country houses like Polesdon Lacey and the Losley Estate are nearby. Loads of villages to explore, plus Guildford, with its Modernist cathedral and great shopping is a 15 minute drive.
Easily accessible by train and car from the capital, plus Heathrow and Gatwick are less than an hour too.
- The Victorian gardens are stunning. Wisteria covered walkways, hidden corners with seating and a moat all make for a storybook setting
- The library, with its wood panelled walls makes you feel very Lord of the Manor
- The master suite is spectacular. Feel like royalty here looking out the original Tudor windows onto the walled garden below or whilst enjoying the (slightly bonkers but lovely) 1970s Harrods bathroom suite
- The indoor pool gives the house an added edge for group getaways
- The property’s close proximity to some of Surrey’s finest country walks, historic estates (and conveniently London) make day trips of all kinds easy
- While there’s nothing like a home cooked meal you’ve prepared yourself, the option to enjoy a fully catered meal here in the elegant 16th century dining room is an unforgettable experience
- Master suite with en suite and dressing room, two further doubles and two twin bedrooms
- Some bedrooms are on the ground floor making them easier to access
- Sitting and dining rooms, all designed for larger groups but with comfort in mind
- The generously sized, fully equipped kitchen is built for preparing some outstanding meals of all sizes.
- Inner courtyard with seating and BBQ, plus stunning gardens
- Large indoor pool open year round
- Catered meals are available with advanced booking
- Sky Q TV, fast Wifi and a study with PC and printer
- Private parking for up to 15 vehicles
Anne and Glyn Powell-Evans lovingly restored the Grade 1 listed house to give modern levels of comfort whilst preserving the Heritage of the estate. They feel they are custodians rather than owners and welcome guests whose stays help maintain the house and gardens. Nicho Millard manages the house for Anne and Glyn and will usually greet guests on arrival.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Great Tangley Manor
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Great Tangley Manor