Peaceful Cretan Getaway
It’s hard not to let the cares slip away as you soak up the sun at this small scale, adults only resort, where comfort and relaxation are the only priorities. Situated perfectly on a small hill with stunning sea and mountain views, these four studios (with communal pool) and a villa for six (with its own pool) all feature self catering facilities and private terraces to enjoy those jaw dropping views.
On the edge of the lovely harbour village of Agia Galini on the southern coast of Crete, Galini Breeze offers proximity to many impressive and historic sites. In a quiet, peaceful spot it’s only five minutes from the centre of the village which has a wealth of excellent restaurants and bars that will keep you well fed and entertained! There are smashing beaches nearby too, meaning you can do without a car during your stay.
However, the day excursion possibilities here are plentiful. The picturesque Kommos Beach is a 40 minute drive away, and for history lovers, the important archaeological site of Phaistos is a 25 minute drive. Crete’s dramatic gorges are dotted all over the island and make a fun day out. The gorge of Agios Nikolaos Zaros, with its monastery are a 50 minute drive.
Heraklion Airport is an hour and half’s drive from Galini Breeze, and Chania Airport slightly longer
- The design of the studios is very cool and contemporary with a minimalistic, yet comfortable feel. They’re designed to maximise privacy whilst sharing the beautiful pool. The villa shares these design traits, but also has it’s own pool
- The welcome pack is a wonderful touch. Packed with the essentials (and a bottle of home-recipe fruit raki!) you’ll get to settle in and do the supermarket run on day two
- Whilst you’re looking after the food, the cleaning gets done for you! There’s a daily maid service and sheets changed every four days. The perfect mix
- The stunning scenery that surrounds the property is incredible. With your own private terraces, enjoy the sea and mountain vistas – sunrises and sunsets from the roof terraces are a real treat. And the simple fact that you can walk or cycle to take in this scenery without needing a car
- There’s a reception with complimentary food and drink Monday and Thursday afternoons. It’s a great way to meet possible friends and exchange tips on discoveries with other travellers and local experts who often pop in
- Imagine taking over the whole complex in a group of up to 14 for a get together you’d never forget…
- Each studio features a private terrace with seating and roof terrace
- Well-equipped kitchenette
- Communal swimming pool for the studios with Jacuzzi with parasols, sun loungers, outdoor showers
- The villa has an open plan kitchen and living area, large terrace and private pool
- Bathrooms with walk-in showers and separate toilet
- Private parking at your door and the studios are accessible by ramps if required, making them easier to access but remember some of the site requires the use of stairs
- Free Wifi and satellite TV and Google Chromecast on demand
- Air conditioning
- Bike rentals available
- On request extras include: yoga lessons, manicure/pedicure services, massage services
Hailing from The Netherlands, owners Marc and Monique Hinfelaar have always held Greece in their hearts. In 2014, after finding just the right spot, they went about making their dreams a reality and began building the resort from the ground up. Being avid outdoors people, as well as lovers of all things cultural and gastronomic, Marc and Monique are the ideal hosts to ensure your stay on Crete takes in the best of the things you love.
ReviewsLeave your own
John: May 2018
We have just stayed here for five luxurious days. Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful environment to relax. The room we had was very clean, modern, and had coffee machine as well as wonderful walk in shower. The veranda was amazing with fantastic views over the pool and the bay with its blue seas. The owners were very friendly and knowledgeable of the area, and were from Amsterdam so very open minded hence they are on this site. Agia Galini itself is a picturesque village with lots of restaurants but very quiet. The main age of the tourists there was in the mid 40's to 70, not many youngsters about, so if this suits you then this is the place for you to stay. Its known by the locals to be the "in place"!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Agia Galini, Crete, Greece
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Agia Galini, Crete, Greece