The super lovely Bob and Ian are offering 20% off for stays in April and May – remember to quote Further Afield when you book.
LUXURY IN THE SUN
This beautifully restored farmhouse, with six very comfortable apartments for two, has stunning views of the Italian countryside and is the perfect setting for a lazy holiday exploring the real Italy, heading off to the Adriatic or simply flopping by the pool.
“..stylish good value apartments with a terrific decked swimming pool.” The Daily Telegraph
As featured in the TV series A Sense of Place, focussing on hosts who go the extra mile for their guests.
Casal dei Fichi is situated in the beautiful countryside just a short walk from the small town of Francavilla d’Ete which has a selection of shops, bars and a restaurant. There are several other excellent restaurants within a few minutes drive and the historic towns of Macerata and Fermo; Ascoli Piceno and Urbino are also within easy reach.
In Central Marche, it’s just 30 minutes from the blue flag Adriatic beaches, 45 minutes from the awesome Sibillini mountains, within an hour of Ancona airport and 90 minutes from Pesacra and Rimini.
- the Le Marche region is still relatively undiscovered especially compared to its better known neighbour – Tuscany. But it’s every bit as stunning and much more affordable – from swimming on stunning beaches to sipping cool beers in medieval market places, this is a wonderfully varied region to explore
- a lot of the Adriatic coast is quite touristy but the beautiful elevated town of NUMANA with fantastic views over a sandy bay is worth a visit. If you want to find some beaches off the beaten then north from Numana to Portonovo
- the best Italian pizza cooked out in the open on a warm evening – all the ingredients for the complimentary pizza party are provided – you just soak up the wine and view. Have a read on our blog about these great nights.
- the standards are high and the relaxation is easy here… with many repeat visits to prove it, the apartments are a wonderful discovery in this unspoilt part of Italy
- these apartments are proactively eco friendly – from solar panels to composting, water conservation and rainwater irrigation and free organic vegetables – Ian and Bob have a holistic approach. THE ECOLOGIST’S endorsement says it all
- six spacious apartments in the farmhouse sleeping two (+ 2) each decorated and equipped to a high standard with individual character. They have king, large twin or emperor size beds and all the bathrooms have large luxury powerful showers
- they are well insulated with thick walls, fly screens and external shutters, making them cool and airy in the hot summer months. But with brick fireplaces and central heating, they are cosy in winter and with books, videos and a games library there is plenty to do inside at any time of the year!
- each apartment has two comfortable sofas in the lounge with TV, DVD and music systems with iPod/mp3 connections and Wifi
- modern kitchens are fully equipped and with a private garden or terrazza, it’s easy to eat al fresco
- but really, you’ll want to be by the pool… with wide decking, plenty of sun loungers and a fabulous view, you can simply kick back and enjoy this turquoise jewel
- if you fancy some privacy, head off for a hammock in the extensive landscaped gardens. You can swing under a walnut tree or help yourself to seasonal produce. From herbs to vegetables and hens’ eggs, you are welcome to pick whatever you like!
Living on site during the creation of Casal dei Fichi, transforming an abandoned shell into their dream holiday destination, tested Bob and Ian’s extensive management skills more than corporate life ever did. Still living on site they are always available to offer recommendations, make reservations and share their passion for the Marche to guide guests to the best of what is on offer locally. Discreetly available but never intrusive, they love meeting new guests and welcoming more and more of them back to Casal dei Fichi.
ReviewsLeave your own
Kristin: August 2017
Casal Dei Fichi is truly special. It is an oasis of relaxation, with every detail considered - from the poolside loungers, to the hammocks around the property, to every detail you might need in your individual apartment, to the personal care that Bob and Ian take for every guest and their needs. We fell in love with their lovely dogs, the elusive cats, and the sweet chickens (fresh eggs every morning!). Also, the property is packed with fresh herbs and produce. One cannot escape the love and soul bursting from their home. And don\'t forget the Monday pizza night - homemade pizzas in their traditional wood-fire pizza oven! The location is perfect for exploring the Marche region of Italy - especially the local vineyards and producers of the small towns. We fell in love with the nearby winery, Murola, just a 20 mins drive from the property.
Jenn: Summer 2017
We stayed at Casal dei Fichi and had such a lovely stay. The apartment was beautifully appointed and there were incredible views in every direction. Bob and Ian were wonderful hosts, attentive and so helpful whilst being careful to give their guests space and privacy. It was interesting to note how many of our fellow guests had stayed before and now we understand why.
Di and partner: August 2013
We returned to the beautiful Casal dei fichi this summer and yet again enjoyed an extremely happy holiday, returning home relaxed and refreshed and looking forward to our next visit! Everything about this place is perfect - the stunning setting, the superbly equipped and very comfortable apartment, the gardens from which guests can pick fresh vegetables and herbs, the swimming pool area with its wonderful views and the friendly and super-helpful owners, Ian and Bob, for whom nothing is too much trouble.
Jo Adams and Partner: Summer 2012
It’s a delight to stay in a place where the owners actually have thought of everything – and it’s all done by Bob and Ian with a relaxed, informal and utterly professional style. Their approach is so generous, warm and welcoming that they personify what’s absolutely best about Italy itself. Le Marche is delightful and the hardest thing about being at Casal dei Fichi is that you have to make invidious choices between exploring the beautiful area or chilling out in the gardens and by the pool, gazing at those extraordinary views and unspoiled landscapes. Well, no - actually the hardest thing is leaving. The warmth of the welcome, the beauty of the surroundings, the comfort and thoughtful touches in the apartments, the charm of the area - all of these add up to a delightful stay. The other guests are an easy mixture of couples and singles, gay and otherwise.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Casal dei Fichi apartments
Le Marche, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Casal dei Fichi apartments
Le Marche, Italy