LUXURY IN THE SUN
This beautifully restored farmhouse, with six very comfortable apartments for two, has stunning views of the Italian countryside and is the perfect setting for a lazy holiday exploring the real Italy, heading off to the Adriatic or simply flopping by the pool.
“..stylish good value apartments with a terrific decked swimming pool.” The Daily Telegraph
No1 for Eco Stays in Italy 2020 The Times
2020 Gold Award for Environmental Practice – Green Tourism
Casal dei Fichi is situated in the beautiful countryside just a short walk from the small town of Francavilla d’Ete which has a selection of shops, bars and a restaurant. There are several other excellent restaurants within a few minutes drive and the historic towns of Macerata and Fermo; Ascoli Piceno and Urbino are also within easy reach.
In Central Marche, it’s just 30 minutes from the blue flag Adriatic beaches, 45 minutes from the awesome Sibillini mountains, within an hour of Ancona airport and 90 minutes from Pesacra and Rimini.
- The Le Marche region is still relatively undiscovered especially compared to its better known neighbour – Tuscany. But it’s every bit as stunning and much more affordable – from swimming on stunning beaches to sipping cool beers in medieval market places, this is a wonderfully varied region to explore
- A lot of the Adriatic coast is quite touristy but the beautiful elevated town of NUMANA with fantastic views over a sandy bay is worth a visit. If you want to find some beaches off the beaten then north from Numana to Portonovo
- The best Italian pizza cooked out in the open on a warm evening – all the ingredients for the complimentary pizza party are provided – you just soak up the wine and view. Have a read on our blog about these great nights.
- The standards are high and the relaxation is easy here… with many repeat visits to prove it, the apartments are a wonderful discovery in this unspoilt part of Italy
- These apartments are proactively eco friendly – from solar panels to composting, water conservation and rainwater irrigation and free organic vegetables – Ian and Bob have a holistic approach. THE ECOLOGIST’S endorsement says it all
- * The rates at Casal dei Fichi include a voluntary €15 carbon offset supplement in line with Bob and Ian’s environmental policy. You can read the full details here.
- Six spacious apartments in the farmhouse sleeping two (+ 2) each decorated and equipped to a high standard with individual character. They have king, large twin or emperor size beds and all the bathrooms have large luxury powerful showers
- They are well insulated with thick walls, fly screens and external shutters, making them cool and airy in the hot summer months. But with brick fireplaces and central heating, they are cosy in winter and with books, videos and a games library there is plenty to do inside at any time of the year!
- Each apartment has two comfortable sofas in the lounge with TV, DVD and music systems with iPod/mp3 connections and Wifi
- Modern kitchens are fully equipped and with a private garden or terrazza, it’s easy to eat al fresco
- But really, you’ll want to be by the pool… with wide decking, plenty of sun loungers and a fabulous view, you can simply kick back and enjoy this turquoise jewel
- If you fancy some privacy, head off for a hammock in the extensive landscaped gardens. You can swing under a walnut tree or help yourself to seasonal produce. From herbs to vegetables and hens’ eggs, you are welcome to pick whatever you like!
Living on site during the creation of Casal dei Fichi, transforming an abandoned shell into their dream holiday destination, tested Bob and Ian’s extensive management skills more than corporate life ever did. Still living on site they are always available to offer recommendations, make reservations and share their passion for the Marche to guide guests to the best of what is on offer locally. Discreetly available but never intrusive, they love meeting new guests and welcoming more and more of them back to Casal dei Fichi.
As featured in the TV series A Sense of Place, focussing on hosts who go the extra mile for their guests.
Bob and Ian are passionate about the environment and community which they are very much part of. With a belief in respecting, nurturing and promoting these cornerstones they have become involved in a myriad of projects, from tree-planting to a being part of the founding members of a global organisation aimed at bringing together small businesses in the tourism sector who share these beliefs.
ReviewsLeave your own
Kamini: October 2020
Another lovely holiday at Casal dei Fichi. We have stayed here so many times but we can never get enough of everything that it has to offer. We first visited Bob and Ian when they began their business so many years ago and what strikes us is that their passion for looking after their guests is as vibrant and genuine now as it was the very first time.
They are ever present without being obtrusive and gently guide, inform and assist when they see it is appropriate. Customer service at it’s best.
We have also noticed their developing environmental initiatives over the years. Small touches that make our holiday more sustainable with little effort required from us. No compromise between luxury and eco - you get them both woven into every part of the stay. We always go home having learnt something new about what we can do to be more green in our lives. Thanks guys and see you next year
Marlous: September 2020
We were in at Casal Dei Fichi last August and stayed in the Ricci apartment for 2 weeks. For us, it was already a bonus that we could go to Italy this year. The warm, friendly and passionate welcome by Bob and Ian made our holiday feel like a real BONUS in capital letters.
Casal dei Fichi is like a little Paradise, surrounded by hills, stunning views, medieval towns and sandy paths.
We were very impressed by the passion that Bob and Ian have in making everyday things more sustainable on the estate. Also to encourage their guests to participate. We are normally fairly environmentally aware, but we have now certainly seen new simple adjustments that will improve our commitment to a better future.
Thank you Bob and Ian for the wonderful 2-weeks at your little paradise. It really felt like home to us! We definitely come back soon again and already look forward to the pizza!
Alessandro: August 2020
Maybe it’s due to the location: surrounded by nature, kissed by the sun all day long. As an example, looking east you can wake up and see the sunshine and see the air become golden, be kissed by the sun near the swimming pool during the day and follow the sunset during dinner in your private garden.
Maybe it's because of the accommodation. We stayed in "Leopardi" apartment: we found space, silence, comfort, cleanliness, proper equipment, privacy and delicious-organic-fresh eggs. We enjoyed the pool and appreciated the travel guide written by Bob and Ian, with lots of useful tips.
Maybe it's thanks to the people: we felt welcome, cuddled with respectful care. Bob and Ian made us feel at home, they helped us build a lovely tailor-made holiday.
Whatever reason you would give priority, this place is strongly recommended.
Jojo: Septemer 2019
In these times when many of us may feel a bit queasy about the foreign travel aspect of holidays, they’ve worked really hard to find ways to ensure the negative effects of this are offset as much as possible....there’s all of this - along with picking your own figs, lettuces, grapes and tomatoes - whatever’s in season in the garden, eggs from their own hens and being provided with a bottle of their own olive oil in the kitchen. All of this makes for the most generous, ethically Green place we’ve ever stayed.
Kristin: August 2017
Casal Dei Fichi is truly special. It is an oasis of relaxation, with every detail considered - from the poolside loungers, to the hammocks around the property, to every detail you might need in your individual apartment, to the personal care that Bob and Ian take for every guest and their needs. We fell in love with their lovely dogs, the elusive cats, and the sweet chickens (fresh eggs every morning!). Also, the property is packed with fresh herbs and produce. One cannot escape the love and soul bursting from their home. And don\'t forget the Monday pizza night - homemade pizzas in their traditional wood-fire pizza oven! The location is perfect for exploring the Marche region of Italy - especially the local vineyards and producers of the small towns. We fell in love with the nearby winery, Murola, just a 20 mins drive from the property.
Jenn: Summer 2017
We stayed at Casal dei Fichi and had such a lovely stay. The apartment was beautifully appointed and there were incredible views in every direction. Bob and Ian were wonderful hosts, attentive and so helpful whilst being careful to give their guests space and privacy. It was interesting to note how many of our fellow guests had stayed before and now we understand why.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Casal dei Fichi apartments
Le Marche, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Casal dei Fichi apartments
Le Marche, Italy