Historic, striking and minimalist in Porto
A stylish and welcoming family run hotel in a lesser known, but fascinating and diverse, neighbourhood close to the historic centre of Porto. The style is minimal but without skimping of the essentials of comfort and welcome.
Overlooking the Douro river in trendy Foz do Douro – an area full of authentic Porto charm – Duas Portas is a short walk, tram ride or cycle from the centre of this historic city. There are also parks, beaches, winding alleyways and piazzas, superb seafood restaurants and great shopping close by. The city of Porto, with its UNESCO protected city centre, is architecturally and culturally fascinating – head to the Miradouro da Vitória – and Duas Portas the ideal base from which to explore it.
Fly direct from most main European airports and the airport is just outside of the city and is easily accessible.
- Foz do Douro is a unique and characterful neighbourhood of Porto. There’s a great market, food offerings and culture on the doorstep
- The location of Duas Portas means that you can also easily explore the city itself as well as heading further out and soaking up some beachlife
- The guest house is uniquely designed, marrying the historic core of the building with striking modern additions
- The welcome here is great and makes for a welcome sanctuary after a day of walking the streets of this fabulous city
- Duas Portas represents great value for money. The rooms are minimal but spacious, light and relaxing and this location superb
- Eight light and minimalist rooms, all ensuite and with accessible options
- Some rooms overlook the Douro River, others the quiet garden at the rear
- Some rooms can accommodate up to three people
- Large communal space for breakfast and lounge area
- Garden with sunken terraces and space to unwind after exploring the city – also lovely for breakfast al fresco
- Bikes for guest use
- Great breakfasts along with homemade cakes and pastries
- Wifi throughout and all rooms have TVs and air con
Ownedby Luisa and her brother-in-law Miguel, Duas Portas has a uniquely welcoming and warm vibe. There’s plenty of homemade produce served here and the family love hosting and sharing their city with visitors. As Luisa is an architect and Miguel a photographer they can give you the best tips in town for finding those beautiful, lesser known corners that will help you get to see the “real” Porto.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Foz do Douro, Porto
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Foz do Douro, Porto