Rustic rural Algarve retreat
This is one of those laid back, rustic retreats where you relax as soon as you arrive. Easy living is what Casa Violeta is all about. Open, bright living spaces with stone walls and bamboo ceilings, flowing out on to patios and a BBQ area and then onto the pool and hot tub. Tucked away with plenty of privacy this is Algarve holiday heaven!
Take a virtual tour of Casa Violeta
In a tiny Portugese hamlet, Casa Violeta is surrounded by open spaces to explore by foot or by bike (hire is available close by) and coupled with lazy days by the pool or cozied up in front of the fire you might not venture far. If you do there are towns and villages to explore nearby (plenty of fresh food markets) and the coast less than 30 minutes away with its white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. Faro, the capital of this region of Portugal, is steeped in history and makes for a change of scene if you can tear yourself away from Casa Violeta.
Faro airport is an easy 30 minute drive away.
- The tranquility. You’re surrounded by rustic, rural and simply beautiful Portugal
- The house flows beautifully to allow that indoor / outdoor living that this climate offers for much of the year
- The hot tub is a lovely addition and comes into its own for starlit evenings
- The laid back vibe here, with colourful hammocks and big sofas, means you can fully relax in Casa Violeta
- The kitchen is really well equipped – we particularly like that there’s a bread maker. Wake to the smell of freshly made bread
- When you do want to head out there’s lots of opportunities to explore the natural beauty of the Algarve with signed paths and cycle routes
- A day out in Faro offers loads of culture, history and eating out opportunities
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen space all with access to the outside spaces
- Two bedrooms, one double and one twin, the master with ensuite bathroom
- Two bathrooms with shower over bath in master and walk in shower in the second
- Lovely covered porches with hammocks leading onto paved terraces and BBQ area
- Pool and hot tub surrounded by terraces with views across open countryside
- Air con for when it’s warm and an open fire for cooler months (logs provided)
- TV, DVD and Wifi
- The house is on one level with some small steps (with grab rails) so easier for those less mobile but not fully accessible
Owned by UK based Charlotte and her husband, Villa Violeta is looked after and hosted by Ian and Mags who are on hand to help with any issues during your stay.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.