Use the code FURTHER at booking and Vicky and Chris will include a bottle of bubbles (or non alcoholic alternative) and some nibbles. Plus if you’re NHS staff or work as a carer then let them know as they offer extra discounts too.
Chic, not petite, adult retreats
These two glamourous, luxurious, eclectically styled and peaceful retreats for two offer the chance to slip away from the world and reconnect with each other and yourself. Fire pits, hot tubs, catering if you want it and incredible hospitality make these the perfect adult only escapes.
The converted stables which house Bethnal and Bec are in Vicky and Chris’ garden in the picturesque rural village of Cottered. The village has a great pub with others easily walkable (some of which are as dog-friendly as the retreats) and there are plenty of options close by for a day out. Stately homes, historic Cambridge and fascinating museums – including the Imperial War Musuem Duxford – are easy options as are walking, cycling and river sports if those are more your bag.
Half an hour from Cambridge, with Buntingford just down the road, Bethnal & Bec are easily reached by road or take the train to Stevenage (just 20 mins from London’s Kings Cross) and jump in a taxi.
- The luxe glamour of the décor. Cool, modern and incredibly comfortable these retreats are designed to make you relax as you walk in the front door
- Dog friendly private gardens with views across open countryside, fire pits, and hot tubs. What’s not to like?
- We love that if your stay finishes on a Sunday the “lazy Sunday” policy basically means you can stay until Monday
- The kitchens are well equipped but the in-house “pantries” offering honesty access to a range of frozen meals plus the option to call in or be catered for means that you can truly switch off. Great welcome basket too
- The extensive entertainment offering is also conducive to your holing up during your stay – Bec even has a cinema projector screen
- But when you can force yourself out then there are pubs to walk to or nearby attractions (meaning you don’t have to be away from “home” for too long..)
- You cannot review these retreats without mentioning the warmth and generosity of hosting offered by Chris and Vicky. They help take them to the next level
- Two self contained, adult only, studios, each sleeping two
- Open plan kitchen, living and bedroom spaces with wood burners, all opening onto private gardens with views across open countryside
- Lovely bathrooms with rain showers and waffle bathrobes plus baths in the living space
- Dog friendly gardens with loungers and year round hot tubs
- Amazing array of in-room entertainment including Bluetooth speakers and smart TVs
- In-room catering provided on request plus welcome packs (vegetarian and vegan packs provided if preferred)
- Beauty treatments and well being offerings are available with notice in-room
Chris and Vicky moved to Cottered with their blended family and decided to create a family business from barns in their garden and Bethnal&Bec were born in 2016. As parents themselves they’re aware of the need for adult retreats which inspired the creation of these adult only, stunning retreats.
In November 2018, Vicky was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer. As a result they offer a permanent discount to NHS and Care home/hospice staff, plus anyone that has or has had a cancer diagnosis. Vicky is the founder of True Cancer Bodies, and any donations to this small charity are gratefully received.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.