Heavenly Highland estate
Be transported into another realm at this stunning getaway on the rugged and beautiful west coast of Scotland. Part of the sprawling and majestic Ardtornish estate, Rose Cottage will be your idyllic home away from home. This property has been a temporary home to many writers and artists, and when you see its lovely setting you’ll see why. The grounds are truly breathtaking, and you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to deciding how to spend your days there.
Located in Morvern, the estate is spread out around the gorgeous Loch Aline, surrounded by woods. The 35,000 acre property includes the main mansion house as well as seven loch or river side traditional stone cottages. The amount of available outdoor pursuits on the estate is staggering – think kayaking or mountain biking. The sparkling rivers are ideal for fly fishing, while the glens are just waiting to be discovered on foot as well as the many walks within the woods or along the loch – guided walks are available.
If arriving by air, Glasgow Airport is a 3 hour drive away. Fort William, approximately a 1 hour 20 minute drive, is home to the nearest railway station.
- the gorgeous situation of Rose Cottage will cast you under its spell. Looking out over the River Aline, the view includes Kinlochaline Castle
- the ultra cozy feel of the cottage is ideal for unwinding after a day taking in the natural wonders of the area. Prop your feet up in front of the stove in the sitting room with a glass of wine and feel the cares of everyday life melt away
- the sustainable and socially responsible approach the owners have taken to the development of the estate. Some of this includes low impact construction of the cottages, two biomass wood chip boilers for heating, as well as five hydro power schemes on the grounds
- while being quite remote, the estate has every activity you would want in a highland holiday. Diving, hiking, fishing, cycling, fine dining and more. And with all this space taking your canine companion is almost essential!
- being part of the estate you can benefit from extra services like baby-sitting
- three bedrooms; a double, twin and bunk beds in the third
- a multi-fuel stove in the sitting room complete with a flat screen TV with Freesat and DVD player
- a cozy, well equipped country kitchen/dining room perfect for intimate meals
- Wifi and starter logs for the fire are free
- the upstairs bathroom features a traditional cast iron bath/shower and there’s a wet room downstairs
Ardtornish Estate is owned by the Raven family, and operated by a team of dedicated staff. Generations of families have worked the estate, and continue to pass down the love and knowledge of this magnificent place and region.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Oban, Argyll, Western Scotland
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Oban, Argyll, Western Scotland