Romantic Welsh getaways
Two cottages – each with private hot tubs – designed with couples in mind. Couples who are looking for a romantic, mobiles off, get away from it all kind of holiday. Thoughtfully designed and decorated and set in amazing Welsh countryside, they’re the perfect tonic.
Just outside of the traditional Welsh village of Carno, these cottages are set in the rolling hills of Mid Wales. It’s a quiet and restorative setting – a perfect couples’ retreat – but if you want to head out there’s a huge range of activities available close by, including walking, cycling, country pursuits as well as the stunning castles and towns of this historic, beautiful and well connected part of the world. Check out Siwan’s blog of ideas
The M54 is about 50 minutes away, but there’s also Caersws train station just five miles away (1.5 hours to Birmingham or 3.5 to London) from where you can be collected – or bring your bike and cycle it!
- Cottage for two in stunning Welsh countryside. Private hot tub. What’s not to like?
- The sense of escape and peace, even though there are others around you
- The welcome and care that goes into making sure you have a great stay
- The space in each cottage is cozy and intimate, perfect for retreating and reconnecting
- The area is crammed full of stuff to do, all of which is easily accessible from HQ
- There’s a pub down the road in Carno which serves up food every day. Handy if you don’t fancy cooking
- Whilst you’ve entertainment there’s no Wifi… we sort of like that
- Y Stabl (the stable) and Y Capel (the chapel), two cottages for two, beautifully converted from traditional farm buildings
- Y Stabl is a slightly smaller studio space and Y Capel is split level with its sleeping platform raised above the eating area
- Each cottage has cozy sofa areas, perfect for a night in front of the wood burner
- Both have well fitted kitchens and wet rooms and Y Capel the added bonus of a copper bath in the living space
- Each cottage has a beautifully planted, private courtyard space with a hot tub – lovely for soaking in and taking in the star-filled skies
- TV with freeview and DVD player available
- Special romantic packages are available – check out what’s on offer
A stay at Nant Awen, whilst offering you the privacy you want on a romantic escape, also means being hosted by the lovely Siwan and Jake. These guys live on site – with Siwan’s family farm of five generations also just down the road – and are on hand to guide you to the best sights, eateries, walks, etc but give you space when you need it too.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.