Getting ready for a post COVID-19 season
As the world of tourism slowly opens up we catch up with the owners of Galini Breeze on Crete, Marc and Monique, and find out what’s been happening in Greece and to get an insight into changes they’ve made to prepare for a post COVID-19 season.
Thanks to lots of testing and care, and no doubt helped by the climate and outdoor Greek lifestyle, the COVID-19 situation in Greece seems to be calming down after a peak in the winter. In light of this Greece has reopened its borders for international guests – now on a small scale and from specific countries, but this will be expanded rapidly from the beginning of May. The target date for full opening of the tourist season is May 15, and it looks like this will be met. We will open 27 of May.
Greece is very active in arranging international alignment for travel. They are actively lobbying in Europe and with specific countries like UK and Germany for clear requirements (vaccinated, tested or recovered from COVID-19) and simple procedures (PLF). The former mandatory five day self-quarantine period is already lifted for travellers from Europe and test facilities for outgoing travellers who need to take a negative test back home are also ready.
COVID-19 life at Galini Breeze
A few things that are worth noting about Galini Breeze during 2021:
- We have followed the guidelines specified by the Greek government around COVID-19 and been awarded the Health First Certificate to show we’re compliant. This means things like spacing and cleaning sunbeds properly – things we have always done!
- We have further improved our flexible cancellation policy: cancellation is free of charge up to three days before check-in and if there is an unexpected hitch on the travel day due to last-minute illness, positive CPR-test or travel restrictions, guests can simply move their booking to a later period
- The wearing of a face mask is not mandatory as our place is very spacious and there are no common spaces inside – they’re all outside around the pool
- We did not change the rates this year, and guests receive 10% discount for a week or longer booking
- One great no COVID-19 thing we’ve done is to update our various tour suggestions in our free ‘GuestBook’ app. You may have a look and install this free app on your mobile or tablet here.
We hope all of these things show how dedicated we are to ensuring our guests can have a great stay with us at Galini Breeze in 2021.