Special offer : Exclusive when booking via Further Afield : Mixed 12 bottle case of excellent quality South African wine with a selection of local biltong, droewors (local snack food) and olives to accompany. Quote Further Afield when you book.
Sometimes, a property comes up that takes our breath away. This luxurious beach house is one of those. With incredible views of the beach and ocean and, if you’re lucky – whales, dolphins, sun birds and seals too – this private villa with heated swimming pool is the dreamiest of self-catering accommodation sleeping two to eight.
Beautifully positioned above the sandy Llandudno beach for complete privacy, this four-bedroom property is literally an ad-man’s dream, since the house and beach are often used for photo-shoots. The property has been designed to bring the spectacular outside in, so whether you’re relaxing in the garden at the front of the house, swimming in the heated pool, or looking out of the glass sliding doors in the house, you’ll have uninterrupted views of the ocean and beach with possible sightings of whales, dolphins and seals and guaranteed sightings of spectacular sun birds.
It’s just a five-minute walk from the front door to the beach, where Capetonians come to relax and in the near distance, above the bay, you have an amazing view of the Twelfth Apostle of Table Mountain range perched up above. Llandudno is an exclusive stretch of the coast and remains totally unspoiled, with no bars, restaurants or shops. It’s also just a fifteen minute drive from Cape Town, so the house is in a quiet location for utter relaxation but perfectly placed to make the most of the thriving gay scene in Cape Town, if you feel like a night out. There are some amazing restaurants in Cape Town and the surrounding area – depending on your preference, the house manager Annie, who lives in an apartment beneath the property, will advise you of great places to try.
Though you may want to stay in the immediate vicinity to make the most of the house and beach, there’s an awful lot to do in the area. Golfers will be in their element with world class golf courses available locally and watersports enthusiasts will be spoiled for choice. Whether you’re in to kite-surfing, diving, surfing or boogie boarding, you’ll find local provision on which Annie is happy to advise. For those who like to stick to land, there are some amazing hikes, including climbing Table Mountain, with incredible scenery. Wildlife lovers will be happy too – whale watching season is typically between September and November.
You access the property down a quiet track, so having a car is a must. Flights from the London to Cape Town with British Airways takes about 11 hours.
- What’s not to like? This is a holiday home of the highest quality, within the most spectacular location. The majority of the people that have holidayed there have returned for a second visit and we can totally understand why.
- The pool is heated and is a magnificent place to bob up and down while enjoying the view.
- Annie, the house manager, who lives in an apartment below the house, respects your privacy but is always available with insider tips about the area or help if you need it. She’s a lovely lady.
- Having a BBQ outside on the terrace, sipping wine and watching for a dolphin or seal, is magical. And you are guaranteed sight of the spectacular sun bird too.
- That specific area of coast is stunning and if you go for a drive along the coast, or a hike locally, there are many places to stop off and take in the scenery.
- The house is contemporary and while it is beautiful, it’s got a relaxing vibe.
- Though it sleeps up to 8 people, it’s great for a couple and doesn’t feel too large.
- Large sliding glass doors open on to the outdoors and views.
- Open plan ground floor with two seating areas and a dining table seating ten.
- The fully equipped kitchen has incredible views over the beach.
- Sun room with retractable doors, complete with indoor BBQ, table and seating area.
- Four en-suite bedrooms; three have views of the beach, one of the mountain. The four beds are doubles, but two can be converted to twins.
- State of the art entertainment system including TV/DVD/music.WiFi throughout property.
- Large, mature garden with sun-loungers and outdoor seating to enjoy the view.
- Heated swimming pool with swim jet.
David bought the house in 2002 and after renovating it decided it needed to be completely rebuilt in order to make the most of it’s amazing location. He commissioned an architect to design a property which bought the ‘outside in’ and which fitted in well with the environment. He’s passionate about the quality and design of the property and wants guests to feel completely relaxed in this gorgeous part of the world.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Beach House
Cape Town, South Africa
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Beach House
Cape Town, South Africa