Homely Chilterns Cottage
At the foot of the Chiltern Hills, in the idyllic village of Watlington, this 19th century cottage is the perfect place to experience English country life. Completely restored to its former glory, the property offers modern comforts, as well as lovely original features.
Watlington is England’s smallest town and provides the chance to soak up the charm of its pubs and shops after exploring the postcard-worthy countryside surrounding it.
Aston Rowant National Nature Reserve is right beside the village, and of course the famous Chiltern Hills are very close by. Many historic country houses are short distances from Watlington, as well as some Abbeys. The gorgeous city of spires, Oxford, is less than 30 minutes’ drive away.
Extremely accessible from London, the cottage is an ideal country escape. The M40 motorway is a quick five minute drive from town and there are bus options to get you close by – but a car does give you greater flexibility and accessibility.
- Wisteria cottage is so well connected by road making coming and going a breeze
- the cottage has all the modern comforts and amenities you would expect without losing any of its 19th century charm
- your canine friend is also welcome downstairs and in the enclosed garden, giving you the chance to explore the amazing nearby walks together
- the incredible amount and variety of easy day trip options from here. Think Oxford, Windsor, the Chilterns, countless stately country homes, a nature reserve, beech woods, and museums
- loads of activities on the doorstep too – walking, cycling or just exploring
- the enclosed front garden with BBQ is the perfect place to end the day with a glass of wine in hand when relaxing at the cottage
- the wood beamed sitting room features a traditional wood burning stove (logs are provided)
- Wifi throughout plus a 32 inch Smart TV (22 inch in first bedroom) and DVD player
- fully equipped kitchen with solid oak worktop and dishwasher
- luxurious bath and power shower in the ground floor bathroom
- double bedroom and second with single bed and additional mattress underneath
- private, gated garden with BBQ
- you can take Fido, but he’s not allowed upstairs
Since purchasing Wisteria Cottage Jane has completely renovated the cottage, while still being respectful of the home’s character-filled features. She also has a family cottage in Halifax West Yorkshire, which has also been lovingly restored.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.