ALGARVE HILLTOP QUINTA
Nestled in the hills of southern Portugal, in an area of stunning protected countryside, Trinada is a stylish, spacious and airy Algarve holiday villa for four with a private pool…it’s everything you’d ever want for your holiday in the sun. Fantastic south western coastal views, lush gardens and that fabulous pool are just some of the highlights.
High up in the Serra de Monchique hills above the Algarve coastline, Trinada has all the makings of a subtropical oasis. It’s 25 minutes from both the West Atlantic coast and Amoreira beach (famous for its surfing and referred to as the best beach in Europe by The Sunday Times). It’s also 25 minutes away from the picturesque, cove filled Southern Algarve. Surrounding the villa are small villages with bars and shops. There are many restaurants serving local mountain food close by as well – the nearest is “Tasca do Petrol”, a 15-20 minute walk.
If arriving by air, Lisbon is three hours away by car or train, while Faro’s airport is approximately an hour’s drive away.
- The outdoor areas are to die for. The lush courtyard housing the spring- fed swimming pool affords total privacy. Other areas in the garden include a petite vineyard and a large terraced orange grove. The situation of the property allows for one of the most breathtaking views we’ve seen
- The veranda and front terrace, both with dining areas and complete with bourganvillea and grape vines, are the perfect settings for some memorable dinners and sundowners
- White walls and select statement pieces as well as high ceilings, create a feeling of spaciousness inside the home
- The home’s proximity to both the wild western and sheltered southern coasts with some of the best beaches in Europe is fantastic. Whether it’s windsurfing, riding or hillwalking (plus myriad other outdoor activities) or the world’s best Piri Piri chicken you are after, it’s all close by
- The quaint hill and coastal towns nearby including Silves, Aljezur, Lagos and Monchique are full of local charm and make for a relaxing day of exploring
- Two bedrooms, both ensuite and both with ceiling fans
- The whole house and terrace are on one level making them easier to get around for those less able
- Wifi, TV, DVD player, and Griffin speaker with iPod dock are all here
- The kitchen and separate pantry are very well equipped with everything you’ll need to create some lovely meals
- A drinking spigot provides you with that famous and pure Monchique spring water, delicious to drink and great to swim and bathe in
- There are both indoor and outdoor dining areas for seating up to eight
- The house is equipped for children (note that the pool is not fenced)
- A large Alentejo style fireplace warms up the space when you need it and creates great ambience
- The house is equipped with Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels and sun lounger towels
- At the end of the drive there is private off road parking for up to three cars
Owners Adam and Stephen bought Trinada in 2016 after falling in love with the Serra de Monchique region while on holiday. They have recently been enjoying sharing their gorgeous properties with guests. Check out their other fantastic home in Devon as well – One Gidleigh Park.
ReviewsLeave your own
Gidon: July 2020
Even though we would actually like to keep this perfect hide-away to ourselves it is a crime to deprive others from a wonderful holiday location. The climate, wonderful panorama towards the coast, lush garden and pool made our stay magical and idyllic. The beach, the towns of Monchique and Aljezur are a beautiful drive, partially through dense forest with stunning vistas. The laid back atmosphere of Aljezur just in the foothills gives you just that little extra one needs for some really delicious dining. Percebes: a delicacy one should try, tastewise reminiscent of clams. The climate at the house was perfect: warm and sunny at daytime, cooling down at night. A blissful holiday home to which we would love to return (soon). We hope that you will enjoy and respect it as much as we did!
Justin: September 2019
Just perfect. This villa is an oasis of tranquility and the perfect escape. The pool is perfectly positioned with stunning views, the garden is a beautiful peaceful haven. The villa itself is spacious, full of character and architectural features. It’s been brilliantly restored and tastefully furnished with so much attention to detail. The BBQ terrace has to have the best dining view on the Algarve. Nearby restaurant Tasca do Petrol serves the most incredible mountain food. What more could you want? I can’t wait to go back.
Emma: August 2019
We loved every minute of our stay at Trinada. The house was stunning in every way - so much space inside and out. The children adored the frog in the pond and the swimming pool of course. The gardens were beautiful - and the views also. It was such a pleasure to stay here - the house was well equipped in every way - kitchen utensils, DVDs, books. Little things that really make a holiday stay that bit more restful. We loved the area also - the beaches were brilliant and so diverse - waves or rock pools depending how you feel! The piri chicken recommendation was spot on! We all wished we could have stayed longer. Thanks for having us.
Richard: August 2019
Just a fabulous experience in a most beautiful spot. Views across to the south, looking towards Lagos & the ocean beyond. At 400m above sea level it is cooler than down on the coast. Perfect! The villa is beautifully appointed with everything you need & gardens of envy. The pool is a good size for a couple or a family. Around the villa the scenery & access to either the Mediterranean or the Atlantic coast is easy & only 30 mins away. All in all a stunning property where you can unwind and enjoy the experience. Will we go back to Trinada ? 100% yes!
Penny: July 2019
Lovely villa in stunning location - a little piece of peace and tranquillity though not far from amenities. Lovely breezes to keep you cool and all the comforts you need to have a perfect holiday. Great local restaurant 8 minutes up the road and another just outside Monchique with lovely views and great food called Luar da Foia - done't forget to go on up to the highest point in the Algarve at Serra de Monchique. Silves lovely place to visit with castle and also Caldas de Monchique. Look our for all the Storks roosting in the trees and on telegraph poles as you drive up the N266 through Rasmalho. Would definitely go again.
Adam and Jessica: May 2019
We spent an idyllic week in Trinada. The house is very comfortable and well appointed – perfect if you like to cook. The beds are generous and very comfortable indeed. Bathrooms are beautifully done and perfect in feel for a Portuguese house (but perhaps a touch more luxurious!) The interior is beautifully finished to a very high standard. Outside, we were spoiled for choice with many different places to sit and take in the stupendous views across the Algarve. Planting in the (wonderfully private) garden is bold and interesting and a complete success Running water and pools help keep the atmosphere fresh and relaxing. Our daughters loved the pool above everything else – the perfect size and absolutely spotless; a delight to swim in. Overall, we cannot recommend Trinada highly enough. You will come away feeling absolutely relaxed and with many happy memories!
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Monchique, Algarve, Portugal
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Monchique, Algarve, Portugal