Book 3 nights or more in January or February and you’ll receive a complimentary luxury afternoon tea with home-made sandwiches, cakes, scones, jam and Cornish clotted cream. Yum!
Cream of Cornish Cottages
If you are looking for a relaxed, cozy place to enjoy some of the very best Cornish countryside, here you go. This property is ideal for a small group looking to enjoy a farm getaway, with all the comforts of home. Stunning views, dinners around the farmhouse table, and nights by the fire await you. Oh and tennis and swimming too!
Trelugas Cottage is one of the 15 stone cottages located on the 150 acre Treworgey Farm (with pool, tennis court and amazing grounds). Near the Looe River Valley, a 10 minute drive to the charming town of Looe and just 5 to the village of Duloe where there’s a fantastic gastropub.
Seaton Beach is a 20 minute drive, and the enchanting Golitha Falls in Bodmin Moor is also 20 minutes away. A tad further, all about a 1.5 hour drive away, there’s the dramatic coastal area of Lizard Point, St Michael’s Mount, and the subtropical gardens of Trebah.
Arriving by air, Newquay Airport is 45 minutes away, while Exeter is 1 hour and 30 minutes, and Bristol Airport 2 hours and 30 minutes. The closest rail station is Sandplace, and transfers can be arranged with notice. Liskeard is the closest main line, connecting the area to London in 3.5 hours.
- The relaxed, homey feel to the cottage is perfect. The living area is very comfortable. Large armchairs, a vaulted ceiling and log burner all add to the feeling of unpretentious charm you get here
- The elevated, glass-panelled terrace overlooking the private garden provides a fantastic view of the farm and surrounding countryside
- Very limited stairs make it perfect for children or those needing easier access
- Treworgey’s entirely self sufficient approach to energy is so impressive! 20 acres of the farm are used to grow biofuel which provides the cottages with their heat and hot water. Helping the environment without compromising on any comforts for guests is commendable
- Animal lovers will enjoy the amount and variety of wildlife on the farm. Bunnies and sheep are friendly and everywhere, and horse riding is available on site. Dogs are, of course welcome
- The location of the cottage allows you to experience some of the best Cornwall has to offer. Whether you desire outdoorsy experiences or gastropub meals, you won’t be far from it all here.
- Master double, second super king or twin room and as single room
- Master bedroom features an ensuite with shower
- Private, enclosed garden
- Well equipped, spacious kitchen with dishwasher and washer-dryer
- Log burner in living area with logs included
- Flat screen TV, DVD player, bluetooth speaker, radio
- Access to tennis court, horse riding, and heated outdoor pool
- Very limited stairs in the cottage make it perfect for children or those needing easier access
Treworgey Farm has been a labour of love for Linda and Bevis for 40 years now. In 1977, fresh back from their honeymoon, they bought and began restoring one abandoned barn after the other. Their love for the area, attention to detail, and respect for the environment have been past down to their daughter Holly and her husband Andy, who now run the cottages with them.
If you are after a more intimate, romantic break for two try, Hollyhock Cottage located on their farm.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Nr Looe, Cornwall, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Nr Looe, Cornwall, England