BIG PERSONALITY, SMALL HOTEL
A gay friendly boutique hotel and restaurant to make you purr with pleasure. It just radiates the passion of the visionary guys who gave birth to it, and it more than lives up to the hype. And all in one of London’s coolest locations. There is also a smaller sister hotel – THE ZETTER TOWNHOUSE – across the courtyard who is maybe more eccentric Aunt.
“This is without doubt London’s coolest hotel. Go.” Attitude Magazine
The Zetter is located in one of London’s most fashionable neighbourhoods, Clerkenwell, which boasts some of London’s best restaurants and bars, and a vibrant cultural scene. Ideally situated on the edge of the City, and a 10 minute taxi ride away from the West End, The Zetter looks out onto the historic cobblestones of St John’s Square.
There are lots of buses into the heart of London and the Underground (Hammersmith & City, Metrolpolitan and Circle lines) is a 10 minute walk.
But really you are within easy walking of so much – lots of great restaurants including The Zetter’s own award winning Bistrot Bruno Loubet as well as MORO, ST JOHN’S, Club Gascon, The British Museum, Spitalfields Market…even clubbing.
- Super hip but reasonably priced. Lonely Planet says “eco conscious and bank manager friendly”. We really like their pioneering and substantial eco features.
- The staff are genuinely warm and charming, and there’s an informality that is immediately relaxing.
- Details: everything in both the hotel and the restaurant has been carefully and lovingly chosen. The result is a perfect blend of the modern and the traditional.
- The décor – eclectic and stylish. Not always easy to achieve both.
- Clerkenwell – has its own stylish village feel. It has so much within walking distance (shops, restaurants, nightclubs) but if you want to venture into the heart of London then it is not far by taxi, bus or train. And because it is a working part of town it tends to be quiet at the weekends.
- Foodie heaven: so many old and new restaurant favourites to go to – Moro… St John’s, not to mention the rave reviewed Bistrot Bruno Loubet on your doorstep. Giles Coren of The Times says of chef, Bruno Loubet, “one of the most exciting comeback’s since Jesus’ appearance on the road to Emmaus.”
- Boutique Hotel: each and every one of The Zetter’s 59 rooms have been individually designed in a quirky vintage-modern style, with state-of-the-art in-room entertainment and technology, a dedication to cosy comfort and an almost obsessive attention to detail. That said, as in life, the more you spend, the more you get. Choose from bijou guest room style through to roof top deluxe studios.
- Restaurant and bar: In early 2010 The Zetter went in to partnership with celebrated French chef Bruno Loubet. Bruno had just returned from 8 years in Australia but previous to that he had earned a reputation in the UK working as Head Chef at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons for his good friend Raymond Blanc, the Four Seasons (where he earned a Michelin Star at just 29 years of age), then Bistrot Bruno and the much loved L’Odeon. His return to London was greatly anticipated and his distinctive style of modern bistrot food has proved incredibly popular with critics, fellow chefs and diners alike. Bistrot Bruno Loubet is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a house menu that is available throughout the day and after hours for Zetter guests. This is what the top food critics say.“Welcome back, Bruno, we needed you.” AA Gill, The Sunday Times. “It’s what restaurants are meant to be like.” Jay Rayner, The Observer. “Bruno Loubet’s return to Britain is the most exciting comeback since Jesus appeared on the road to Emmaus just hours after the Crucifixion and said, “It ain’t over till it’s over.” Giles Coren, The Times.
Opened in March 2004, The Zetter is the brainchild of fellow restaurateurs Michael Benyan and Mark Sainsbury. Having worked together previously on another Clerkenwell stalwart, the highly acclaimed MORO RESTAURANT, 2001 saw them join forces again to buy an old Victorian warehouse building in the heart of the neighbourhood and embark upon a massive hotel renovation project.
The Zetter Group now includes the Zetter Hotel, Zetter Townhouse Clerkenwell, Zetter Townhouse Marylebone and The Grainstore.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Zetter Hotel
Clerkenwell, London, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Zetter Hotel
Clerkenwell, London, England