ELEGANT OLD TOWN
With a romantic garden and stylish rooms, The Old Rectory in Hastings offers luxurious and elegant B&B accommodation – or if you book the whole house, the perfect private address for civil partnerships, private parties or wedding ceremonies.
A mere stones throw from the shore, on the edge of the historic old town. A relaxed and stylish venue awaits you at The Old Rectory, Hastings, East Sussex. They offer you a bespoke service where the gorgeous contemporary house and beautiful walled garden becomes yours exclusively for the time you are with them.
Both the house and garden terrace are licensed to conduct civil ceremonies and weddings. Within the stunning garden they can accommodate up to eighty guests for your celebration using a ‘capri’ or traditional marquee, or for a more intimate celebration, up to forty-five guests can relax by the roaring fire and use the house to enjoy your day.
Whether it’s a hog roast for eighty, an elegant formal four course wedding breakfast for thirty or a posh picnic with Pimm’s on the lawn for fifty, they will work with you to organise a very special and individual day. The Old Rectory’s own Wedding and Events Manager Tracey-Anne had her civil partnership there last summer – “We wanted a relaxed informal day, so organised a posh barbeque in the garden with lots of fizz, followed by locally made ice cream served from the Old Rectory’s traditional ice cream cart and mini desserts on vintage cake stands. Our guests loved it.”
The team celebrate all that is local and home baked so you can enjoy freshly caught Rock a Nore fish, home made bread, sausages, and cured bacon which combined make for fantastic evening snacks. What ever you choose you you can be assured the quality will be guaranteed.
Tracey-Anne has over twenty years experience managing hotels and organising events from Cape Town to Brighton via Oxfordshire and London. Tracey-Anne will be happy to personally work through the process with you and is also there on the day to support the operations team.
Tracey-Ann, Wedding and Events Manager.
Located at the back of the old town and just a few minutes walk to the sea. Whether you are after a day on the beach or a decent seaside latte and a shop, Hastings Old Town offers a good deal of both.
It’s easy to reach and difficult to leave. The town is just a one hour 30 minute train journey from London and an hour’s drive from Ashford and the Eurostar terminal. If you bring a car (there is some onsite parking) you can easily head out to Rye, Battle, Eastbourne and Brighton to explore. Or go inland to rolling countryside, wineries, renowned gardens and historic buildings.
- Breakfast. All of it. They make their own bread, preserves, muesli, granola and sausages, plus home cured bacon. Even the baked beans are homemade.
- Hastings is a joy to explore. Full of chic junk shops shops, funky cafes and of course lovely strolls on the beach, it’s a great Rennaisance British seaside destination which has become the new Brighton for the more discerning gay traveller
- Popping downstairs for a superb quality treatment in their onsite treatment rooms
- The Old Rectory has a softly decadent, homely feel perfect for a civil union or wedding – sipping cocktails on this elegant private terrace in the walled garden here is a very good idea
- Whether you fancy a night out at the theatre, a picnic hamper for the hills or Champagne in the privacy of your own room, the staff here are refreshingly personal and helpful
- The Old Rectory has 8 rooms, one of which has a double room that joins as a private suite at the back of the house – for families or good friends (there are two ensuites: a wet room and a hand-marbled bathroom so no queues, just chic relaxation)
- Each of the rooms is decorated for luxurious comfort with muted complimentary colours and a pampered feel. From smoked glass chandeliers and rolltop baths to vintage French furniture mixed with local art and crafts, they are light and stylish
- Treatment rooms on site with trained therapists – see full offering here
- There are two cosy lounges with plenty of places to sink into sofas, take in a huge roaring fire in winter and get your feet up with a magazine at any time
- Breakfast, served in a fine dining room that can seat 20 (if you do have a party in mind…) is a welcome gourmet of freshly cooked local foods. Being members of Local Sussex Breakfasts, owner Lionel Copley assures you the very best of what is on offer
Managers and hosts Susie and Tina left long careers as midwives in the NHS, after becoming good friends with owner Lionel, and falling in love with Old Town Hastings.
They are now pouring their love and dedication into The Old Rectory, giving you the caring and nurturing service they have ‘delivered’ for years.
ReviewsLeave your own
Adrian Butler: April 2014
We have just got back from a lovely weekend at The Old Rectory in Hastings. The accommodation was spot on and the service was great. The manager gave us great recommendations of places to eat and things to do. This was the second time we have used furtherafield and we will continue to do so and recommend it to our friends.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Old Rectory
Hastings, East Sussex, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Old Rectory
Hastings, East Sussex, England