A lovingly restored 18th century stone Presbytery Guest House with salt water pool, surrounded by some of France’s best wine country.
The Old Presbytery is superbly located for exploring this region. There’s wineries everywhere here, but David and Wayne are able to direct you to some of the best. But there’s loads more to this region, including historic towns and cities like nearby 11th century Sainte-Foy-la-Grande with its award winning Saturday market, cafés and restaurants and Montcaret where there are some fine examples of Roman ruins.
Getting here is straight forward with air links only a 1 hour drive to Bordeaux and 30 minutes to Bergerac Airport. Driving is easy but then so is not going anywhere and staying by the pool.
- Lazing by the pool beneath the shade of the 300 year old Lebanese cedar trees. That alone is restorative but it’s heightened by the stunning views in all directions
- The rooms are bright and light with a mix of antique and contemporary furnishings, all with doors straight out to private terraces
- When you fancy a bit of exercise you can choose from a pool work out, popping out on two wheels or choose one of the local walking routes
- Or their fitness studio that’s located in a converted pigsty and is equipped with an infrared sauna that is both relaxing and restorative.
- You’ll never get bored exploring this area. Wineries, historic houses, lovely French towns, superb food and so much more
- We love the complimentary still and sparkling water, plus a water bottle to keep!
- The communal spaces are stylish and spacious with lots of areas to chill and be entertained
- When you fancy being more self-contained then the option of taking the apartment is a perfect option
- Five ensuite rooms all opening on to private outside spaces
- A self-catering apartment for four with terrace and access to the communal areas
- Rooms are on the ground floor for easier access
- Salt water pool with exercise ccounter current swimming machine
- Fitness Studio equipped with an Infrared sauna
- Communal dining room, sitting room and “fun room” with decks and karaoke
- The sitting room has a grand piano and huge TV for chilled times
- White company bedding and comfy beds
- Free filtered still and sparkling tap water
- Continental breakfast served up in the dining room each morning
- Dog friendly – as you will be after meeting the canine hosts
- Electric bikes available for guest use along with electric charging point
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Old Presbytery
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Old Presbytery