Brilliant offers from the team at The Grove: Make sure you quote Further Afield when you book.
Valentine’s supper plus 20% off up to two night’s stay. Check out the menu here
Until 28th of February, enjoy two nights for the price of one on B&B bookings.
Or, enjoy three nights for the price of two plus an extra treat for Further Afield bookings of a half bottle of Champagne in the room on arrival. The offer is for mid week (Sun – Thurs) for Dinner Bed & Breakfast, on the 3rd night guests only pay for Dinner and have the B&B stay complimentary!
ENCHANTING COUNTRY HOUSE
Grandeur and informality blend together beautifully in this carefully restored luxury boutique hotel with strong Georgian, Arts and Crafts and Victorian features. Perfect for a total escape and for lovers of luxury and great dining.
Nestled, as it is, in the Pembrokeshire landscape looking out onto the Preseli Hills we think, without doubt, The Grove is one of the most romantic hotels in Wales.
The love, care and attention which went into restoring this remarkable house extends to their commitment to ensuring your wedding day will be all you hoped it would be, and more.
Zoe, Neil and the rest of the team at The Grove are genuinely committed to working with you to provide a ‘day’ which matches your aspirations.
Ceremonies for up to 90 guests can be held in the Garden Room, whereas for larger parties the main restaurant can accommodate up to 110 guests. The hotel’s award winning chef and restaurant team will work with you to produce an exceptional menu which can be as formal or informal as you wish.
The entire hotel can be exclusively yours for your special day, giving you and your guests more time to enjoy the occasion and the hotel’s setting. For any weddings above 40 guests, the venue must be hired exclusively.
Find out more on their special occasions page
Within its own estate and garden of 25 acres just outside the vibrant market town of Narberth, South Wales – with its arts and craft galleries, cafes, boutique shops and good restaurants. Tranquility and fine views to the distant Preseli hills make this a serene stay.
Excellent base for visiting the stunning Pembrokeshire beaches of South Wales, harbour villages and towns including the beautiful Regency seaside town of Tenby.
There are options for arriving by train but getting around by car is easier and gives you full access to the surrounding beautiful countryside.
- the masterful architectural bones of the house down to the exquisite detailing including an imposing panelled hall and grand staircase, and restored fireplaces with delicate ceramic flowers
- the food! Successfully blending modern British tastes with the style and flavours of the very best French cooking. Rarely achieved in such a relaxed and informal environment
- Narberth and its independent shops, cafes, restaurants and galleries. The top notch Spanish deli and Tapas bar, ULTRACOMEDIA, does great brunch, lunch and tapas evenings on a Friday and Saturday
- the peaceful garden and grounds to wander in including an impressive kitchen garden which supplies much of Head Chef’s vegetable and salad needs. From garden to plate in 10 paces!
- activities: Mountain bike trails, fishing, sailing, surfing, coastal walks and riding. South Wales has it all
- there are varying rooms types, from double rooms through to the extravagant house master suite. All spacious, individually designed, luxurious and with views of the Preseli hills, gardens or surrounding fields
- in the delightful grounds you will find Herb Cottage with five cottage garden suites and a master garden suite all of which have been designed by acclaimed designer Martin Hulbert and opened in the summer of 2016
- the team at The Grove prides itself on making as much of the hotel accessible to everyone as possible, including The Bramble Suite which is fully accessible
- en-suite bathrooms have luxury and relaxation at their heart. Roll top baths, underfloor heating, natural Noble Isle bath products and towelling bathrobes
- in room aromatheraphy massages for are available
- Intimate panelled dining room (very romantic in candle light) in the main house with further restaurant rooms in the Coach House serving lunch and dinner
- a wide range of breakfast options is served in the light and bright garden room
- grand but cwtchy (Welsh for cosy) lounge with fully stocked bars in the main house and the Coach House
The Grove was derelict and empty for eight years before Neil and Zoe began a major restoration programme to breathe new life into the house, garden and outbuildings in 2007. With the support of local craftspeople they worked tirelessly to restore the house and open in 2008 as a luxury boutique hotel.
Their passion, enthusiasm and dedication to constant improvement are an inspiration. Already they are hatching new plans to restore the lost walled garden revealed by aerial archaeology into a new kitchen garden.
Neil is originally from Swansea and an engineer by training while Zoe has a marketing background. They are youthful, humorous and generous of spirit and enjoy providing first class hospitality in a smart but relaxed environment.
ReviewsLeave your own
Marg and Jude from near Canterbury
"A treasure trove in the heart of Pembrokeshire. An immense and beautiful old building with an immense amount of understated style. Glorious rooms with chaise longues and space enough to spread out more than satisfactorily. Furnished and decorated with sophistication and not a small hint of glamour. I recall feeling cocooned in the gargantuan bed with its sumptuous bed linen which I could happily have wrapped myself up in for days…."
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
The Grove Narberth
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
The Grove Narberth