With concierge and maid service, staying in this luxurious seven bedroomed holiday home is the ultimate relaxing experience. Make the most of the beautiful interiors, with plenty of space to spread out, the pool and hot tub, or maybe have a relaxing massage. Should the mood take you, head out to explore the Napa Valley’s vineyards and mountains on your doorstep. This place has it all!
The Chanric is a Condé Nast Johansens Recommended Property
Located in California’s famous wine-country, The Chanric, nestled in the northern town of Calistoga is the perfect retreat for those who love great food and wine, who simply want to get away from it all, or alternatively who’d like to have a luxury base from which to explore the surrounding area.
Calistoga town is famous for the surrounding vineyards and hot springs (5 minutes drive from the house or 10 minutes walk), and the pretty town has Michelin star restaurants, museums, art galleries, festivals and spas with mud baths and geothermal waters well worth seeing.
If you like to exercise, there are plenty of local hikes and biking tracks you can follow just 10 minutes walk from the house, plus the Petrified Forest is just a short drive away and offers a step back in time – 3 millions years back to be precise – around a trail of majestic petrified redwood. If, after all the pampering and indulgence, you need a city hit, the buzzing city of San Francisco is only one and a half hours drive away.
- Joel and Jim aim to offer a concierge style service and are on hand whenever you need help or advice about the local area. Lots of guidance on where to eat, etc
- all the rooms are very spacious so avoiding group disagreements! The bedding is supremely comfortable
- the kitchen is a cook’s dream; light, spacious and well stocked with everything from ice makers, to water filter to the all-American waffle maker!
- having a massage after a day of wine-tasting is the perfect wind down – just ask the guys for details. Or relaxing in the hot tub in the evening after a glass of wine and nibbles. Pure indulgence!
- The Chanric has a green philosophy and use organic cleaning products and locally sourced ingredients for food
- each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with marble showers, stone floors and stone vessel sinks
- there’s a garden patio area with fountain, fireplace and lounge area, swimming pool (solar heated in the summer months), whirlpool and massage room
- kitchen with great facilities open plan to super comfortable lounge areas
- beautiful gardens surround the property, growing flowers and herbs
- Wifi is available and the property is air-conditioned
- three hours of maid service daily is included in the price of your rental
- the lower floor (3 bedrooms), main floor with living area and patio are wheelchair accessible with ramps. One of the lower floor rooms also has larger doors, bars and accessible bathroom
The charming owners Joel and Jim left France 24 years ago to live in Paraguay where they ran a cattle ranch and also a Cultural Centre with an Art Gallery, a small theatre and a French Bistro. They moved to the USA and ran the house as an Inn until 2017 when they created this beautiful holiday home. They speak English, French, Spanish and Portuguese….
For a bit more on these guys read our blog conversation with Joel and Jim.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Calistoga, Napa Valley, California, USA
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Calistoga, Napa Valley, California, USA