A RUGGED JEWEL
Ancient architecture merges with a Mediterranean landscape of pinewoods and palms in the creation of Tenuta Borgia. On a UNESCO protected island (noted for its ancient vine cultivation methods) Tenuta Borgia’s Dammuso Grande is a listed heritage building and combines rough luxury with exquisite detail in traditional dammuso properties for two to eight guests.
Read our insider’s guide to Pantelleria in Tales from Further Afield
Crossing turquoise seas to reach Pantelleria, step ashore to discover the strange beauty of this volcanic island. Set on the southwest coast, Tenuta Borgia’s seven dammusi offer stunning sunset views. You may be tempted to explore the agrarian story of the island and sample its wines, oils and capers. Or you might just throw together a cocktail and toast the view.
With its hot springs, thermal waters and nature reserves, this Sicilian island will surprise and delight. The farm itself, an exclusive retreat producing its own extra virgin olive oil and heritage wine, has a gently lit Arabian garden for guests to enjoy. Perfectly blending ecology, architecture and history into the landscape, the dammusi offer rugged luxury in this stunning setting.
You can either fly from mainland Sicily or take the ferry, plus flights from Milan or Rome. It’s the remoteness that makes this tranquil island a true escape.
- Starlit strolls in the Arabian garden (the largest on the island) and surrounding Mediterranean park
- Living seamlessly between inside and out amongst ancient architecture
- The beautifully designed and furnished spaces
- Plunging into a long dappled private pool when you hire Dammuso Grande (some others have small private pools too)
- Waking in soft hemp linen sheets to greet a stunning sea view
- Lounging in the glamorous shadow of Tilda Swinton (A Bigger Splash was filmed here)
- Traditional dommasi on the farm offer romantic accommodation for couples to space for 24 if you hire all seven!
- From marble tables to outdoor fires, savor local tastes in stylish spaces
- Take the taste home by shopping for the farm’s olive oil and UNESCO wines
- Chill out in pale contemporary interiors and sink into Mediterranean styled baths
- Take to the hills in equine style or explore emerald coves in a rented boat
- Hire an expert to dive and snorkel amongst colourful flora and fauna on the seabed
- Dammuso Grande has a pool, plus two dammusos (Palmeto and Limoni) have plunge pools
The owner Rosa Borgia Baroness Collice defines the style of this secluded retreat with a sophisticated mix of vintage and traditional objects. Choosing local materials to reflect the feel of the island, Rosa creates an atmospheric welcome on this Mediterranean jewel. Her aim… to ‘offer an exquisite experience of the harmonious flow of closed and open spaces’.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Pantelleria, Sicily, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Pantelleria, Sicily, Italy