When you want to stop the world and get off, this is the place you want to be. In a stunning location nestling by the river Nidd, this relaxing luxury gay friendly B&B has it all, including a private outside Hydropool hot tub and seating area for guests staying in the luxury king size room, plus a charming host to help you leave all your troubles behind.
There can be few more dramatic views than right beside the towering Victorian railway viaduct with the ancient castle ruins, forest and river as its backdrop. The peaceful and historic market town of Knaresborough, provides an eclectic mix of restaurants, independent shops and fine old pubs. There are lovely walks to explore and enjoy. As the Railway station is only a two minute walk from the cottage, very quickly you can leave the car (free parking at Teardrop Cottage all day) and arrive in the spa town of Harrogate, with its International conference and exhibition centre, or the bustling cities of York or Leeds.
Knaresborough is also perfectly situated for trips to the Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire moors and its spectacular coast.
- Where do you start with a spot like Knaresborough? Finely tuned and well connected. It really is the perfect place to visit
- The king size room has has a private outside hot tub area within a decked Victorian walled courtyard garden, with views up to the viaduct. Sink in…relax and enjoy
- Hire a rowing boat, or enjoy lunch at Marigolds riverside cafe, or discover Mother Shiptons Cave, Yorkshires oldest tourist attraction
- Michael the host himself. He’ll offer the warmest of welcomes and there really is nothing that’s too much trouble for him. If he can help his guests then he will and he comes armed with a mass of local knowledge about what to do and where to go
- A roof terrace provides guests with the perfect place to relax and enjoy afternoon tea or an early evening glass of wine, at the same time taking in the spectacular river views
- Freshly prepared, cooked and sourced, local produce features prominently on the breakfast menu. Choices range from delicious fresh fruits and yogurt to scrambled egg with smoked salmon and cream cheese on a toasted bagel
- Four, individual and tastefully decorated bedrooms. The luxury ensuite king size room on the ground floor has French windows, leading to its own private courtyard garden with Hydropool hot tub, beautiful Laura Ashley furniture, Smart tv and sony blue tooth cube speaker
- An inflatable or z-bed to accommodate an extra guest can be placed in the ground floor room for an additional cost of £25
- All rooms have soft luxurious bathrobes and towels, free Wifi, access to the river view roof terrace and a great assortment of complementary Taylor’s teas and coffee, hot chocolate and treats in the comfortable resident’s lounge
- Reduced day membership at Nidd Hall leisure club and spa
- You can pre-order extras like prosecco and chocolates which can be arranged according to your budget. There are also Teardrop Cottage gift vouchers on offer
- As part of the unique experience Michael aims to provide, when your booking is confirmed he’ll provide local restaurant offers and information
- Please note that prices are subject to seasonal changes over Christmas and New Year periods
ReviewsLeave your own
Brendan and Debbie : July 2016
Stayed there this weekend - slept like a log in a very comfy bed, lovely hosts, fantastic breakfast, wow wow wow. Hopefully will visit again soon.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, England