Upgrade to a chilled bottle of Champagne on arrival if you mention Further Afield when you book
This traditional, spacious and beautifully furnished Lakeland house with stunning views is the perfect gay friendly self catering base – cozy enough for two but can sleep up to six.
Stone Cottage is part of the hamlet of Deepdale which provides a dramatic Lakeland landscape backdrop; mountains, crags, lakes (Ullswater is two miles away), narrow lanes and ever changing light. Easily accessible to the popular Lake District settlements of Ambleside, Windermere and Keswick.
Five hours drive from London and two hours from Manchester but there’s a train station in Windermere which is 25 minutes in a taxi.
- location: Stone Cottage is nestled in the Deepdale valley in the heart of the Lake District far enough away from the madding crowds of Windermere, Ambleside and Keswick but close enough should you need provisions
- the light and space within the cottage. Holiday accommodation in the Lake District can be cramped and often a little dingy. Not the case at Stone Cottage
- you can step outside and go on a different walk every day without ever having to get into your car
- two double rooms (one with a king size bed and one with a standard double) and two single rooms. All the rooms are light, calming and spacious. The two double rooms enjoy arresting views out onto the Deepdale Valley
- there is a stunning shower room on the ground floor clad in locally sourced green slate and with a high pressure shower unit. Upstairs the family bathroom is equally stylish – clad in Limestone and also has a double ended bath. L’Occitane complimentary toiletries and White Company towels.
- a spacious oak beamed living room has an open fire and original window seats along with more contemporary requirements: widescreen satellite TV and BlueRay player including a selection of films, Bose sound dock, Wifi and telephone
- dining room through to the hand painted kitchen which though contemporary and extremely well equipped still retains original character features including a vaulted roof, handsome oak beams, ceramic sink and slate floor
- large sunny garden to the front of the cottage and to the rear a steep landscaped garden leads out onto the fells and the crags beyond
Stone Cottage is one of two properties in the area, the second being Hart Barn (sleeps two), owned by Helen Griffiths and Richard Mason. Richard is a local architect with a passion for incorporating local character and materials into his designs and Helen has brought her former marketing expertise to the fore to ensure both properties raise the benchmark on quality places to stay.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Deepdale, Lake District, England
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Deepdale, Lake District, England