Stay in one of South Lodge’s suites with self catering facilities for two nights or more and well, just stay in!
- Continental breakfast available in your room fresh each day.
- Bring your own food and drinks or let us help you with pre-order.
- No hurry late check out.
- Smart TV, choice of DVDs and online films.
- All goose feather bedding, fluffy robes and slippers – underfloor heating!
Please contact Julia & Colin direct for details. From only £260 for a two night stay from any Thursday to Sunday even including Xmas! Offer subject to availability.
There is so much more than meets the eye to this design led boutique B&B. A conventional shell conceals high tech interiors, fabulous art, significant eco features and charming restful gardens. A haven.
Set back from the road in Wavendon just over five miles from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
Yes…we did say Milton Keynes! Get over yourself because MK has come of age. Once maligned for its new town status it has now grown up into an attractive and well laid out ‘green’ city.
It is also a great base for exploring the area’s many attractions – National Trust gardens and houses in abundance, Woburn Abbey and Bletchley Park (the site of secret wartime code breaking) and after all that there is live music to be had at The Stables Theatre the internationally famous venue set up by Dame Cleo Lane and the late Sir Johnny Dankworth.
45 minutes on the train to London, 55 miles to Heathrow airport and equidistant between Cambridge and Oxford. A perfect stop off or base for those touring the UK.
- natural light permeates all the rooms of this Boutique B&B thanks to the modern design and use of glass
- the guest accommodation is in a separate wing with its own entrance, and the four guest rooms are well spaced for privacy
- ultra modern bathrooms with very beautiful detailing
- comprehensive eco features – ground-source heat pump, solar panels, rainwater recycling and a ventilation system which recycles the air to maintain heat
- stunning art– Julia and Colin have amassed an amazing collection over many years. Check out the wonderful pieces by Northern artists including Harold Riley
- the 200 miles of cycling and walking paths in the area which take you through undiscovered parks and green spaces
- Julia is unstinting in her customer service. Nothing is too much trouble. Especially great if you take South Lodge for a group party which can be fully catered for by Julia to incredible standards
- four immaculate, spacious and light double rooms with huge luxury beds, underfloor heating, noiseless fridge, large flat screen TV/DVD, ambient lighting controls and Wifi. Two rooms have metre wide glass sliding doors that allow access to a private patio and wheelchair access is possible
- all have stunning and luxurious en-suite bathrooms with a range of different bath and shower options. REN bathroom products
- a large, light and comfortable guest lounge plus a separate dining area overlooking the garden
- an extensive breakfast menu served at a time to suit you with a complimentary newspaper of your choice. Choose to dine with other guests or in your room
- the large charming garden contains restful water features and a guests’ terrace for alfresco dining in the summer
- home-cooked two or three course dinners are available. Choose from a variety of options
• catered house parties and private gatherings are a speciality
Julia and Colin are passionate about good food and culture, which they combine with a dedication for providing fantastic service whether you are staying the week or just passing through.
We found them full of integrity, genuine care and compassion. They really go out of their way to make your stay perfect and its no surprise that they have received 5 stars (Silver) from Quality in Tourism.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.