Italian coastal gem
Prepare to be amazed when you experience the incredible view from this unique gay owned villa, perched on a rocky ledge, on the Amalfi coast. Picturesque gardens, the sparkling Mediterranean and craggy coastal paths on the property’s doorstep make this accommodation an idyllic romantic getaway. This uniquely designed villa that sleeps two – with a ceiling made of glass bricks – is an architectural gem to be treasured.
In the hamlet of Nocelle, 450 meters above sea-level and just 5km away (or 1800 steps) from Positano on Italy’s most famous shoreline, the Amalfi coast, Secret Garden is ideally located for everything this celebrated area has to offer. Nocelle itself, surrounded by a natural park reserve and on the ‘Walk Of The Gods’ hiking trail, has two restaurants and a shop, but once you’ve walked down the private stone staircase surrounded by olive, lemon and fig trees, to the villa, you’ll feel miles away from anywhere.
The Amalfi coast, a legendary chosen destination of artists, poets, musicians and film stars since the 1950s, encompasses the towns of Positano, Praiano, Amalfi, Sorrento and Ravello, where you’ll discover Michelin-starred restaurants, designer shops, art galleries and wonderful bars in which to sit, drink and watch the world go by.
For day trips, Sorrento is 18.5km away and Pompei, 36km. There’s a taxi service and a Sita bus service too. The closest international airport is Naples, which is approx 60km away, from which from which Giuseppe Bonaduce, your on-site concierge, can arrange transfers for a car-free holiday in Italy.
- Having such an amazing view of the sea and the coastline makes this property magical
- The flowing design and the thoughtful interiors, compliment the environment perfectly; stunning, calming and romantic
- Waking up to the sound of birdsong and having a morning coffee on the terrace watching the birds swoop and dive along the coastal paths and out to sea, is a memory to store up for rainy days back home
- The fact that you feel completely secluded from the rest of the world is ideal, yet you’re close to the bustling town of Positano if you crave an evening out
- Giuseppe has boundless local knowledge and can help you get the most out of your days spent hiking. He can also advise on local restaurants.
- The interesting glass bricked ceilings make the property light, airy and cheerful
- The house comprises an open living space which includes a living area with open fire, sleeping area and kitchen, all under a spectacular glass roof
- If you wish to write or work, there’s a study with desk and bookcase and views overlooking the sea. The house has Wifi
- Also with sea-views, the kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, oven, fridge-freezer
- Large outdoor living area with a hammock, table, chairs and loungers
- Separate bathroom with shower
- Laundry area with washing machine
- Available to rent between May 15th and October 31st
The eminently charming, multi-lingual, owner, Richard Fowler, came to Nocelle in the early 1980s, when he was working as an artistic director in Denmark. He fell in love with the area and moved to Nocelle permanently. He designed and built, The Secret Garden, with local craftsmen, and rents it out for part of the year.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Positano, Amalfi Coast, Italy