Cottage on the beach
Sea Sunset Cottage, in the heart of trendy Whitstable, is more than overlooking the beach; it’s basically on it. Stunning sea views, sunsets and the sound of the waves lapping the pebble beach are your backdrop during a stay in this romantic, seaside cottage.
Sometimes words aren’t enough.. so check out Andrew and Wai’s video here
Right on Whitstable’s beach, the location of this stunning cottage makes a stay here unforgettable. Two minutes’ walk and you’re on gay-friendly Whitstable’s High Street, with its mix of independent coffee houses, cafes, restaurants and shops. Outside the front door there’s the coastal pathway which you follow around to the harbour, taking you past some amazing seafood eateries, or further on to Herne Bay. The Cathedral city of Canterbury is 7 miles away and accessible via a cycle path following a disused railway line.
There’s good road access to Whitstable or you can take the train (75 minutes from London) and Sea Sunset Cottage is 10 minutes’ walk from the station.
- You have to start with the view. You’re right on the beach here so looking out from every room you just have the beach and sea in front of you; sunsets from the cottage are incredible. The whole house is designed to make the most of this amazing spot
- Sea Sunset Cottage comes with its own parking space = no parking hassles even in the height of summer and a rarity in Whitstable
- Andrew and Wai offer lower prices all year round for reduced occupancy so couples looking for a romantic week away don’t pay for unused bedrooms
- Walking around the corner and being on the High Street and exploring the independent shops on offer. We love Frank (http://www.frankworks.eu) with its mix of art and cool design
- The cottage itself is beautifully furnished with a coastal theme showing itself but not dominating and allowing the views to take centre stage
- The three bedrooms are all en suite, making group or family trips a bit easier
- The kitchen is really lovely and forms part of the first floor living room, all of which opens on to the terrace making it a really sociable space, designed to help you enjoy the outside
- For cooler months there’s a fireplace in the sitting room. Sound of the rain and views across a windy beach whilst you’re in front of the fire. Heaven
- When you’d rather not cook this is a town that’s not short on great places to eat, with many making the most of the town’s famous oysters
- That Andrew and Wai leave basic kitchen items and a wine fridge for your use as long as you use the honesty box – a nice touch
- Two king and one double bedroom (all ensuite) two of which open onto a ground floor terrace
- Open plan living and kitchen space opening on to a terrace with the most amazing sea views. Coal BBQ on the ground floor terrace
- Additional family room on the ground floor with TV and WiFi throughout the house
- There is a sofa bed in the separate TV room if 4 bedrooms required (but occupancy still restricted to 6 people)
- The kitchen is well equipped (including a Nespresso coffee machine) plus a useful utility room on the ground floor
- Private parking space outside the front door
- Note that whilst family friendly, Andrew and Wai will only take children under 9 by arrangement as the ground floor bedrooms open directly to the seawall and beach
Andrew and Wai travel extensively but enjoy having this modern and comfortable house close to London. It is now time to share this special place.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Sea Sunset Cottage
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Sea Sunset Cottage