Tranquil French Escape
In the bustling wine-making village of Roujan, this property makes a great base for exploring one of Europe’s most beautiful regions. For some fun in the sun, the Mediterranean coast – as well as the area’s National Park – are both 30 minutes away by car. There are also numerous and superb vineyards within a 30-minute drive, making excellent options for day trips.
If arriving by air, Beziers Airport is a 30-minute drive, and Montpellier Airport is 45 minutes away by car.
- The beautifully landscaped gardens here are incredible. Honeysuckle and climbing jasmine covered walls surround the property creating a serene cocooned feeling
- The pool area is a stand-out. The summer kitchen with self-service bar as well as the Moroccan cabana are lovely and the decked area is a great place to sun yourself
- The evening aperitif (included) is the perfect way to refresh and reflect on your day or make new friends – the adult only policy makes this super easy
- The airy rooms are all spacious with either garden, courtyard, or village views
- Sanssoucis’ proximity to some of France’s most charming towns and villages is ideal. The Languedoc has a wealth of options to choose from to suit every taste
- Five ensuite bedrooms (all with lovely bathrooms), beautiful communal areas and décor make this an intimate and stylish retreat
- You can hire the house in its entirety with three extra bedrooms, sleeping up to 16
- The leafy pool area has a summer kitchen, towels, and self serve bar
- A breakfast of pastries, fresh fruits, yoghurts, and cheeses is the perfect way to start the day, French style
- A full service bar is on the grounds, as well as an outdoor dining area and there’s complimentary water, tea, and coffee available
- All rooms are air conditioned and have tea and coffee stations plus there’s Wifi throughout
Gerad and Johnny run a successful acupuncture practice in London (www.geradkite.com) and bought Sanssoucis in 2014 with the aim of creating a beautiful home and a residential training site for acupuncturists in the autumn and spring and a peaceful retreat in the summer. Gerad has been working as an acupuncturist for over 30 years and is recognised as a master of this healing tradition. Johnny, a former karate champion and stunt man, studied acupuncture with Gerad and now practices and teaches in London and France. They have a strong work hard, play hard attitude to life and love the balance of a busy London practice and the tranqility of Sanssoucis.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.