Architecturally stunning Umbrian Retreat
16th Century charm meets modern luxury in this breathtakingly architect designed apartment high above an Umbrian valley. Spacious and lovingly renovated, Rocciaviva Loft is a chic Italian holiday hideaway in Umbria offering a seamless mix of design, nature and stunning panoramas.
The Loft is ideally located for exploring all that this stunning region of Italy has to offer. The famous town of Assisi is a 30 minute drive away. Umbria’s capital – the beautiful town of Perugia – a 45 minute drive, is a treasure trove full of Renaissance masterpieces. Closer to home, be sure to check out the 10th century Castello of Campello Alto located in the valley below. Nearby there’s also the chance to experience the Umbrian Jazz Festival and the Festival Due Mondi in Spoleto late June.
If arriving by air, Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci and Florence’s Peretola and Ancona airports are all approximately 2 hours, 15 minutes by car. Perugia airport only 40 minutes away
- The large open-concept living/dining area is airy and full of lovely details – as is the separate study area. Large windows showcase the incredible valley view below
- The fully equipped kitchen is generously sized and has absolutely everything you’ll need to create your own locally sourced, delicious dinners to enjoy al fresco
- Could there be anything better than a majestic valley backdrop greeting you in the morning?
- The sun-filled loft space above the living area is a wonderful spot to meditate, read, or unwind with a glass of wine
- The outdoor space attached to the property, complete with greenhouse, lily pond, and its very own kitchen, is a standout feature
- The property’s proximity to the best central Italy has to offer in terms of medieval and renaissance architecture and fine art is unbeatable
- The bedroom faces the awe inspiring landscape and has an ensuite with an oversized shower and bathtub. There’s also a sofa bed in the study for two more guests
- A fully equipped kitchen – part of the stunning open plan living area – provides the perfect setting to create some lovely Umbrian dishes. In addition to underfloor heating throughout, there an enclosed hearth in the living area and a wood burning stove in the study– perfect for cooler months.
- A TV as well as free Wifi allow you to stay connected and entertained should the mood strike you
- A washer is on site, handy for longer stays
- The garden includes an outdoor kitchen on one of the terraces, along with a lily pond and greenhouse
- All the essentials for a comfortable stay are here including towels, toiletries, and bed sheets
- Free parking is on premises, making those amazing day trips you’ll be taking all the more easy
Art and design are second nature to owners Karen Bamonte and Martin Stubenrauch, a choreographer/sculptor and architect/artist respectively. The couple’s excellent eye for design is evident when viewing this property. Since 1998 they have been based in the area, and are local experts eager to help make their guests holidays seamless and unforgettable. They also own LOFT2A in beautiful Nardò.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.