Eco Estate Oasis
Reconnect with nature but in luxury at Ortenia, Slovenia’s first eco-conscious apartments with spa on site. You’ll love how high end, modern design exists harmoniously with the lush surrounding countryside here. Thermal spas, hiking trails, and some of the best cuisine in Europe are all nearby.
Located in the Podcetrtek region of eastern Slovenia, Ortenia makes for a perfect base to enjoy the unspoilt surrounding countryside. The area is home to excellent wellness centres, as well as hiking trails featuring unmatched views of the regions idyllic landscape. The stunning Kozjanski national park is a 20 minute drive away.
Crotian capital Zagreb and it’s rich history is just over an hour away if you fancy a city based day – think winding cobbled streets in the old town, great museums and huge array of great eateries.
If arriving by air, Zagreb’s airport is the closest and Slovenia’s Ljubljana’s Joze Pucnik Airport is 1 hour, 40 minutes away by car.
- the sustainable, and very importantly – healthy philosophy behind the estate is fantastic. Everything from the apartments building materials, to their energy sources have been carefully thought out
- the serene yet sleek feel of the apartments. Warm earth tones and modern amenities provide a spa like quality, leaving you relaxed. Large custom windows bring in loads of natural light and a beautiful view
- the ultra relaxing wellness centre featuring an outdoor jacuzzi, massage services and infrared sauna is wonderful, allowing guests to unwind without even leaving the estate
- a traditional Slovenian hand woven basket called a holandarica, arrives every morning filled with the freshest local produce for you to start your day off in the best way
- Ortenia’s proximity to everything this lovely area has to offer. Whether you are a spa enthusiast, foodie, or love of the great outdoors – Ortenia has you covered
- each of the six apartments features small, well equipped kitchens and ensuites all beautifully designed and furnished with glass walls making the most of the views across the grounds
- the wellness centre boasts a serene outdoor jacuzzi, infrared and Finnish saunas, as well as massage services available
- the recreation room is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, and features audio and video options as well
- the locally sourced breakfast is included and other meals can be provided
Approximately 40 years ago the estate now known as Ortenia was transformed by its then owners Franc and Marija Jazbinsek into what locals nicknamed “the garden of Eden”, due to its amazing number of hydrangeas. Years later, some of their grandchildren decided to transform the estate once again with an eco conscious ethos that has proved to be highly successful with guests. A goal of the owners is to show guests the tranquil magic this place has, a magic their grandparents recognised and cherished.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.