Anne and Helen are offering a 5% discount on stays of 3 to 5 nights; or 10% on stays of 5 nights or more
ART HOUSE B&B
At last…a contemporary and stylish gay friendly B&B within 30 minutes walk of the stunning Pembrokeshire coast in Wales. Better still one which also showcases the works of Welsh artists and that offers a stylish, comfortable and above all else, friendly place to stay.
A restored sea captain’s house in the high street of the charming West Wales village of ST DOGMAELS in North Pembrokeshire. It’s 30 minutes walk to the beautiful Blue Flag beach at POPPIT SANDS and 20 minutes walk to the busy market town of Cardigan.
You can swim, surf or kayak at Poppit Sands, climb or coasteer the coastal path, walk in the Preseli mountains or along the many paths in the beautiful surrounding countryside. For something more relaxing you can browse the independent shops in Cardigan followed by a meal in one of the local cafés or restaurants.
Two hour drive from Cardiff, four hour drive from Manchester, three and a half hours from Birmingham and five hours from London.
- the design, layout and styling across the whole house. You will enjoy returning to your rooms and relaxing in the communal living space. The house is also full of character, with an original concentric Georgian staircase taking you from the original low-ceiling, Welsh slate-floored cottage-style rooms on the ground floor, to the late Georgian high ceiling bedrooms on the first floor
- The Pembrokeshire coastal path which came second in the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’S TOP 100 COASTAL DESTINATIONS 2010. There are also lots of lovely walks from the door around the village, along the Teifi estuary or up into the local woods and fields
- Helen and Anne who are very welcoming and easy going company and who can offer advice on everything from walks to eats to drinks nearby
- St Dogmaels is a traditional Welsh village on the estuary of the River Teifi with the remains of the medieval Abbey at its core, three pubs, deli, tea-room, shop and quirky Post Office and a great fish and chip shop (which usually has a huge queue outside). Ask Helen and Anne for their top tips in and around for the best places to eat.
- Poppit Sands – a wide sandy beach which is a 30 minutes walk from St Dogmaels (you can drive there in a few minutes) and the northern end of the Pembrokeshire Coast Path. Great for just about everything – surfing, swimming, rock pooling and boogie-boarding. For more information on St Dogmaels and Poppit Sands go to St Dogmaels
- three contemporary and very comfortable en-suite rooms located on the first floor. Wooden shutters, eye catching Chestnut headboards, luxury mattresses, French linen sheets, deep fluffy towels, ipod dock hairdryer, tea, freshly ground coffee, and hot chocolate
- one of the rooms can be made into a twin and another is ‘fido’ friendly so the pooch can holiday too!
- the en-suite bathrooms are stunning wet rooms with refreshingly powerful showers
- on the ground floor there is a spacious open plan sitting and dining area which also doubles as a gallery space showcasing contemporary works by Welsh artists
- a locally sourced breakfast with vegetarian and vegan option is served in the open plan dining and living space on the ground floor
- in and around St Dogmaels there are good food opportunities from the best fish and chips and three pubs serving a range of locally-sourced food from bistro to wholesome whole cooking
Anne and Helen settled in ST DOGMAELS after 16 years of living in Cardiff where Helen was a lecturer in English at Pontypridd College. Today Helen is following her dream to open a B&B by the sea (read more on our blog). Her partner Anne is a freelance illustrator and painter – take particular note of the sublime paintings of dogs Burt, Marcia and Frieda.
Restoring Oriel Milgi has been a resulted in a beautiful building – with the help of some highly praised local builders they have breathed new life into this remarkable home.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
St Dogmaels, Pembrokeshire, Wales
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
St Dogmaels, Pembrokeshire, Wales