Enchanted garden holiday cottages
Two family friendly holiday cottages, stylishly renovated with quirky interiors, private gardens and the use of over an acre of lovely gardens within easy reach of York, the moors and the coast. There’s veggies, chickens and firepits dotted around the grounds but importantly there’s also privacy and space to escape to.
Close to the traditional Yorkshire village of Stamford Bridge, these cosy holiday cottages at Old Forge York are in the grounds of a family home, which are free to roam. The historic city of York is a 15 minute drive or bus ride away and there are other beautiful towns to explore like foodies’ delight Malton. Stunning Castle Howard is nearby too.
But if you want to explore with a more natural vibe then you’ve also the Yorkshire Moors and coastline to discover. For younger members of the party there’s loads to do and Karen’s own children have road tested most of it for you!
Driving here is incredibly easy and there’s parking on site. Coming by train you can travel to York and then take a taxi.
- There’s a real sense of fun and relaxation about these cottages and Karen’s tagline of “Escape the everyday” is spot on
- The interiors are quirky and stylish with a mix of modern and classic furnishings and décor
- The main “loft style” living space of Next Door at Old Forge York has soaring ceilings and exposed brick work and we LOVE the kitchen with its copper sink and dark blue cupboards
- Super dog friendly – all those gardens to explore! Two per cottage welcomed with their own hamper of clean towels, blankets, biscuits and water bowls.
- The romantic escape that is The Garden Shed at Old Forge York is a perfectly formed little nest for you to escape to. It’s beyond cozy and invites you to switch off and recharge
- Each cottage has its own outside space which is lovely. Seating areas and firepits mean you’ll want to be outside all year round (making used of the provided blankets of course)
- Outside your garden gate is the rambling and beautiful gardens which you share with Karen and her family, which adds to the sense of escaping to an enchanted garden
- This is an area rich in history and natural beauty and there’s so much to do to keep you busy, but equally enough to entice you not to go out!
- The Garden Shed at Old Forge York, romantic bolthole one bedroom cottage sleeping 2
- Next Door at Old Forge York super stylish two bedroomed barn conversion holiday cottage sleeping 5
- Stylishly furnished with a mix of industrial chic and traditional country cottage style
- Private, fenced patios with outdoor furniture and firepits, opening on to over an acre of beautiful shared gardens
- Fully fitted and kitted out kitchens, dining tables and sofas
- Both cottages have wood burning stoves for cozy nights in front of the TV with access to a DVD library
- Bathrooms are new, modern and clean and have nice toiletries
- There is Wifi but not necessarily high speed. But you know what, Old Forge York is about stepping back and reconnecting with each other
- Both cottages are on one level but there are small steps, so whilst easier to access neither are fully accessible
- Up to two dogs are welcomed in each cottage
Karen and her family moved from suburbia to this gorgeous corner of Yorkshire countryside to live a freer, more natural life. Restoring The Old Forge is an ongoing labour of love and she’s more than happy to show you the progress, but she and the family know how to give you privacy too.
During the 2020 lock down Karen also started a natty little business designed to bring nature to you through Forest School Play Packs.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Old Forge York
Sand Hutton, York
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Old Forge York
Sand Hutton, York