True Tuscan life
Hasn’t everyone dreamt of living in a Tuscan hill town? Surrounded by beauty, savouring the best food and wine, and filling your days with old world traditions and life’s simple pleasures? Novanta, this unique and rustic “experience hotel”, makes this a reality. Source your own food, take yoga lessons in the forest, learn Italian…all while staying in one of the unique rooms. This is no standard hotel experience.
Located in the small, previously abandoned village of Borgo di Gello, deep within the Casentino forest national park, Novanta sits dramatically above the Gello valley. This position provides exceptional views of the dramatic landscape surrounding the property.
The location also means visiting the coast near Rimini or the grandeurs of Florence are easily organised.
If arriving by air, Florence Peretola Airport is 1 hour, 50 minutes by car.
- named an “experience hotel” Novanta does not disappoint. Maybe it’s not for everyone, but the concept of this hotel and its perfect execution is truly special. The rooms are scattered through restored stone village houses, as well as tented options and the truly unique floating outdoor rooms
- if you are lucky enough to book your stay in the floating tensile tent, get ready for a jaw dropping experience. Spend your nights stargazing at the wide open sky while suspended high above the Gello Valley
- food is at the heart of this place and you can choose to have a fully catered experience for €245 a week. Foraging for truffles with a professional and his expert hunter dog is definitely a highlight. Getting to eat your finds that same evening for dinner is icing on the cake. There’s also the chance to visit their butcher in his “cantina” – see pictures
- the communal vibe encouraged by the owners helps guests forge new friendships. Coming together around the long rustic table for meals provides a relaxed, warm feel to your stay
- re-connecting with nature is easy when staying in the middle of a national park. Whether you fancy some outdoor yoga classes, hikes to the nearby monastery of San Francesco, or journeying down to the crystal clear waters of the Il Corsalone river (lunch packages available), your outdoor options are endless
- there’s an Infinity swimming pool and bar
- the communal feel includes spaces like a theater on site
- plenty of ways to escape and explore nature from your doorstep
- meals can be provided (adapted as required) alongside the amazing all inclusive food option for €245 a week
- pets are allowed to come and stay too!
In 2014, Igor, Jeroen, Leonard, and Mart, (Novanta’s developer, chef, manager, and technician/foodie respectively), originally from Amsterdam, decided to open the hotel as a temporary pop up. Their immersive concept which allowed guests to have authentic experiences, and a glimpse into Tuscan life, proved to be wildly popular. They are thrilled to be able to continue providing unforgettable stays at this hidden gem.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Bibbiena, Tuscany, Italy
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Bibbiena, Tuscany, Italy