Contemporary art and design come together to create a unique gay friendly boutique hotel to eat, relax and soak up the work of the region’s best contemporary artists and designers. Perfect for lovers of the original and quirky who like comfort and good food.
A lovely Georgian town house in the centre of the historic market town of Ruthin – often referred to as the jewel in the Vale of clywd and the gateway to North Wales. Close to the Offa’s Dyke path for walkers, international mountain biking at Coed Llandegla, the foothills of Snowdonia and the drama of the North Wales coast.
The famous Roman walled city of Chester with lots of retail opportunities is just 35 minutes away. Liverpool is just 45 minutes and Manchester just an hour.
- Ruthin: Its like rural France. An old country town with lots of independent shops and perched on a hill with lush countryside all around
- The close partnerships with some of the best Welsh artists which is reflected throughout the whole building and its philosophy
- The inventive and truly original way that contemporary design has been playfully and expertly blended into the fabric of a fine Georgian townhouse
- Superb food. Wonderful blend of traditional values of fresh and local with contemporary taste
- The RIBA Award winning Ruthin Craft centre. An inspirational world-class space showing work of artists and makers
- Eight individually and contemporarily designed rooms. Each room is the result of a collaboration with a professional artist whose work is not just shown but is also the inspiration behind the interior design and furnishings
- Kingsize beds with Egyptian cotton linen with duck and goose bedding
- En-suite bathrooms all with either fast fill bath (one double ended) or shower or wet room with shower. Bathrobes, slippers and fluffy white cotton towels plus luxury bath and shower toiletries. Flat screen TV plus DVD/CD. Extensive media library and Wifi throughout
- Library and meeting room with an extensive collection of art and design books and magazines
- Excellent restaurant: Seasonal a la carte menu, freshly prepared and blending contemporary tastes with the best local ingredients
- Hot breakfasts cooked to order from kippers to eggs benedict or the full works plus a selection of cereals, granola, fruit and yoghurt
- The comfortable lounge, restaurant and bar area are also a gallery space with a rotating exhibition of abstract, print making, photography and landscape
Gavin and Chris bought The Manor House in 2002; the Georgian townhouse was first turned into a commercial venture by Cynthia Lennon, first wife of Beatle John Lennon. They extensively renovated and refurbished the house and then changed the name to ‘Manorhaus’ which reflects their interest in the early 20th century school of German design, ‘Bauhaus’.
Their passion for design, art and architecture is loud and clear. They have created a unique space where contemporary art is shown, discussed and enjoyed by the local community and visitors from around the world.
Both Gavin and Chris are heavily involved in the community of Ruthin and Gavin, a fluent Welsh speaker, is currently serving as The Mayor.
ReviewsLeave your own
Thomas and Peter: September 2013
We stayed for 3 nights in the largest suite at Manorhaus which is perfectly located in the heart of the town. The room and unusual decor' is very calming and the bath overlooking the street is lovely. The standard of the food is excellent and it was very quiet in the resturant at the weekend. We would recommend the Manorhaus on quality and value including the amply stocked bar and well balanced wine list. Ruthin is a beautiful town with many great restaurants and plenty of good walks.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Ruthin, North Wales
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Ruthin, North Wales