Stylish Cornish Holiday Cottage
Escaping the stresses of daily life in a fairytale family holiday cottage in Cornwall has never looked so good. Heritage meets modern comforts at this gorgeous estate known for its focus on wellness and unbelievably beautiful landscape.
Cradled in a lush valley in south east Cornwall, the estate is made up of 300 acres of flowery countryside. The harbour town of Looe (a 15-minute drive) is full of Cornish charm, with some excellent gastropubs and restaurants. There’s also Fowey – another harbour town (20 mins away) – with some interesting eateries and an upmarket vibe. Take in panoramic, coastal views and stunning sunsets from Bury Down – an iron age hill fort – which is on the farm, or head to Polzeath (a 45-minute drive), home to some of the best surfing in the UK.
Cornwall Airport in Newquay is a 45-minute drive. Liskeard rail station is a 15-minute taxi ride away and has easy routes from London, Bristol, the Midlands and Edinburgh. Driving, you’re not far from the A30 which takes you back to Exeter.
- The thoughtful restoration of this grade II cottage has retained all the elegance of its origins whilst incorporating chic, modern elements
- The sitting and dining rooms here are begging for a night in filled with fun. Snuggle up to the roaring fire while someone plays a little piano and someone else prepares supper. Perfect!
- The bright and cheery kitchen is in keeping with the traditional feel but is equipped with modern necessities
- The Tamblyn family’s dedication to sustainability is commendable. Most of Botelet’s energy is produced by two Gaia domestic wind turbines and many pieces have been upcycled throughout the property
- Booking in for a therapeutic massage at the on-site therapy room (https://www.botelet.com/wellbeing)
- The breakfast club (held monthly) is open to non-residents too; a wonderfully communal experience with locals and other guests. Pull up a seat and feast on a delicious and seasonal menu (https://www.botelet.com/breakfast)
- The ongoing and frequently changing programme of events such as guided meditation and massage workshops are high quality and always eye opening (https://www.botelet.com/events)
- Three bedrooms: a double, a twin and a single. Room for a cot if required
- Fully equipped kitchen and separate dining room
- Lovely sitting room with log burning fireplace (logs included)
- Bluetooth radio, TV and DVD player plus Wifi
- Piano, books and board games are provided
- Laundry facilities are available
- Massage treatments are available with pre-booking
- Access to a monthly breakfast club, available with advanced booking
- Access to a changing programme of wellness events
Multiple generations of the Tamblyn family currently help run Botelet, each lending their own expertise to make stays here unforgettable. Their forward thinking outlook led to operating some of the first glamping yurt accommodation in Conwall, and their attention to detail has awarded them countless accolades.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.