Bohemian French Hideaway
Escape to the living postcards that are the Gironde and Lot-et-Garonne regions of rural France. A beautifully decorated French country B&B, Manoir Laurette offers days exploring nearby vineyards and Bastide towns, or simply lazing about by the pool – pure French fancy!
Don’t just take our word for it – read more in Homes & Antiques magazine.
Lora and Rob offer their beautiful home as a venue for all sorts of events; from photo shoots to celebrations and weddings. It’s a beautiful place to host an intimate, special day and these super helpful hosts are on hand to help plan exactly what you’re after. Check out their events page.
Manoir Laurette is located in the hamlet of Lorette in the Gironde region of France. There are slightly larger towns nearby (Monségur and Duras), both of which are steeped in history and offer good restaurants and bars.
This area is known as “the nation’s orchard” and is arguably one of France’s best wine regions. Ideally located for guests looking to soak up local culture and history, you’re a 45-minute drive from stunning and historic St. Emilion, while Bordeaux is an hour away, as is its airport.
- This is the dream French country house; with its honey coloured stone, verdant and beautiful gardens and its blue shuttered windows are idyllic
- The whimsical decor throughout the property is fun yet elegant, with guest rooms individually designed and extremely comfortable
- The grounds of Manoir Laurette are beautiful. A fairytale-like butterfly meadow is yours to discover and the cypress and lavender framed pool is simply magical
- Booking in a treatment or simply having some time in the lovely Apple Barn spa is a must. Check it out here
- The wine cellar is fantastic. A carefully curated selection is available to try and purchase, bringing the best of the region right to you
- If you fancy a night “à la maison” then maybe sample said wines accompanied by local cheese and meat platters… perfect summer fare
- The Manoir is perfectly located for those looking to have a quintessential French holiday. A stunning national park, various historic villages, and award winning vineyards are all within easy reach
- Three spacious and lovely rooms, all with unique and stylish ensuites and views across treetops or gardens
- There’s an ‘honesty bar’ and complimentary tea and coffee in the beautiful salon. Breakfast is served in a folk art inspired dinging room by the log fire in the cooler months and outside on the terrace with a view of the grounds in the summer time
- A full breakfast with multiple options is included and there’s a fabulous wine cellar/boutique and gin emporium to sample
- The lovely pool and gardens are restorative and beautiful and there’s a floodlit tennis court with rackets available too!
- The Apple Barn spa is a lovely way to relax and unwind during your stay
- Free vintage bike hires for guests, letting you discover the surroundings in style
- Rob and Lora’s love of this region and its offerings mean they offer a informative and unique concierge style of hosting
Manoir Laurette opened as a guesthouse in 2017 and is packed full of the furniture and curiosities collected by Rob and Lora on their journeys around the world. Previously Rob worked in the wine trade and as a cheese monger to Michelin chefs – in house cheese and wine tastings are not to be missed! Lora previously worked as a professional performer and ran a network of award winning performing arts schools. For Lora and Rob, welcoming guests and sharing their love of French food and wine whilst providing a place where guests feel instantly relaxed and inspired makes running the Manoir a real pleasure.
ReviewsLeave your own
No reviews for this property yet.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Request availability directly from the owner. Making an enquiry does not put you under an obligation to book. You will receive a response from the owner. No commission is payable to Further Afield on any booking.
Nr Bordeaux, Gironde, SW France
LEAVE A REVIEW
Please fill out the whole form and let us know if we can add your comments to the website.
We won't publish your name or contact details – we'll only use them to get back in touch with you about your comments if we need to.
We don’t publish negative comments but we will discuss them with the owner.
Nr Bordeaux, Gironde, SW France